Rim Shot problem

Has anyone else had a problem with the Rim Shot where it is silent until you unmute the clap track, then when a trig from the clap is played, it becomes audible again?

I’ve had this issue since the beginning come to think of it, however now I’ve got a kit where even if the clap trig is played, when it’s muted again the rim shot track starts to fade out.

I guess I always just thought it was a quirk of the machine.

I have the sound of the rim spilling over to the clap besides using seperate audio out cables. Its somewhat annoying.

If I am understanding you correctly, then this is by design.
The Rim and Clap share the same voice. They’ll only ever come out of a shared cable output.
The ring of the 4th voice output jack is RS/CP

3 Likes

Whoops :blush: ok, annoying design (and me not correctly checking), but saves a mixer channel puuuh.

1 Like

Some find it annoying. Many find it a clever way to make 12 channels out of 8 analog voices.

5 Likes

The most problematic voice is CY / CB if you use a Ride Cymbal with a long tail there’s chance on this one the CB is unusable… But you can put the CB as sample elsewhere.

Otherwise i think they made a pretty good job with drum repartition in this 12 parts / 8 voices

1 Like

So noone else had the issue I’m having?

Not noticed that - why don’t you reduce the problem to its simplest repeatable version and write those steps below

Ideally starting from a blank slate with fewest steps - or if it’s implicitly linked to the specifics of two sounds share those sounds … might be useful to detail which trig steps are shared by both tracks