Rhythm & Blues (R&B) Challenge or Thread

Hey, 'Nauts, anyone interested in either a R&B challenge or even just a thread where we post our R&B beats or songs? If interested, post a reply stating R&B challenge, R&B thread for posting songs/beats, or both. I’m willing to start them, whichever we all choose. Peace!

4 Likes

My Neo-Soul Guitar Book by Simon Pratt is just arrived this weekend, would be a nice thread/challenge to apply what I learn from the book!

2 Likes

if the songs are anything like the challenge threads from recent… that means we are all getting some tight songs to listen to, can’t wait to hear what everybody cooks up.

1 Like

Not a genre I would take part in, but very keen to hear what people come up with. Following.

1 Like

Well, it’s been a few days without much interest. Do you all still want to proceed? I suggest just a thread where post our music. If you all still want to participate, then I’ll try to start a thread by Sunday or Monday. Reply back if you’re still interested. :blush:

Not sure how productive I can be on this, but maybe I can rework my Black Box ripoff song Will have to see about exporting MIDI out of M01D on Nintendo 3DS that I created the song on, or just recreate it on another sequencer.

1 Like

I’d certainly welcome a thread. I’d be curious to see what kind of takes on r&b elektronauts come up with.
I haven’t been recording anything for the past year or so but maybe it’ll encourage me to do something with the ny boogie funk project taking up space in my rytm. I guess that’s r&b adjacent, I just can’t get the rhodes sounds quite “right”.

2 Likes