Review: Octatrack at year 8 - Is it still worth it?

Fair enough and good luck!

1 Like

I often record into arrangement view, and if youā€™re looping a section there it will just overwrite when you it flips back to the start. Not a big deal since you can just drag the edge of the clip out, but can be annoying/surprising sometimes

1 Like

Grid based with zero crossing option, or manual with zero crossing magnetism (Fn + knobs)

1 Like

Monolake disagreesā€¦

In the story I heard that was the dx7

1 Like

Just want to say I followed the quick guide to sampling @darenager posted above to much success. It was pretty straightforward and once I got the hang of it, I felt like I knew what I was doing. One interesting thing I noticed was that sometimes the first downbeat want picked up. After a few tries, I eventually got it. Strange to have a lag between pressing play and the recorder starting. I sampled in a bunch of patterns that I made on my Digitone and now I canā€™t wait to get to work on them (and sample more)! Cheers

3 Likes

Hmm, not right to have any lag - did you check rec 2 setup to make sure there were no fade or qrec settings?

Oh good point - Iā€™ll check those settings in a little bit. 2-year currently running around the house. Thanks