Reverb on FX1 slot hack

Sounds like a good way to corrupt a project. Seeing as the ot is so stable as is… :joy:

1 Like

I had this too. Not sure if I solved it by selecting None again on both fx.

Edit : Setting FX to None seems to stop the stuck sound / feedback.

2 Likes

Good idea, I actually never tried None, i mainly kept changing FX to see if i got anything interesting, I did manage to p-lock some of the chaotic modulation. Cranking up analog delay pedals creates a similar never ending feedback loop, so i am hoping with a little finesse this trick could be usable also.

2 Likes

IIRC the stuck feedback I had was with track 2 or track 6. I don’t think I’d use this, I prefer “controlled” feedback.

No samples, filter self oscillation, feedback (CUE recording sent to CUE).

12 Likes

Very nice, I am personally a big fan of a lot of distortion and full Q on the multi mode filter with a series of lfos free and trigged controlling parameters for varying harmonic overtones , I have never really investigated audio rate-ing the lfos or self oscillating the comb FB… this machine’s depth never ends/disappoints .

2 Likes

I used the FX1 reverb hack for @darenager challenge (see link below).

1 track only, 1 sample chain, 1 bar pattern, FX1 Reverb, FX2 Delay, track recorder recording CUE. No additional fx (no Neighbor, no Master track).

3 - Chain Gang - One year Lab

21 Likes

Wow that’s very cinematic !! Great work :exploding_head:

1 Like

Incoming stability update.

1 Like

That is to say?

1 Like

I’ve got one of the old Behringer DSP1000 Virtualizers with the circuitbenders.co.uk variable clock mod installed. This reminds me of some of the sounds it makes, except without the elevated noise floor and loss of highs that you get when you underclock it too far. Good stuff, can’t wait until I have time to mess with this.

2 Likes

I used particular tricks like this one :
Track CUE send, CUE resampling, played 1 octave up with Recording01, FILL condition > pitched feedback!

2 Likes

Secret
Cow
Level

Confirmed

3 Likes

It does sound a bit like a shimmer reverb in places, I have to give it a go !!!

2 Likes

That sounds lovely :heart: @sezare56.
I thought you were scene fading it ,but fill condition on pitch - yeah so nice.
You do some great music there with just OT and your master skills.

1 Like

Beginners mind - Brilliant !!
Thanks for an amazing and inspirational thread.

The prodigy has arrived!

2 Likes

These click bait phrases induce instant vomit for me, thanks! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can use retrig and lfo’s to mimic a delay instead of using actual delay. Then the delay+reverb is a non-issue and you’ll have a slot for an additional effect.

4 Likes

You’d miss feedback.

3 Likes

In some cases maybe, but not always. Plus it helps to clean up your mix by not having too much overlap in frequencies due to the “monophonic-ness”.