Reverb and Delay Pedals

It’s tough to beat the combo of Strymon and Elektron. Especially when it comes to the connectivity of the Strymon boxes.

1 Like

Thanks for the RE-20 tip, it does look like plenty of fun but I was hoping for something more flexible. The Tera Echo pedal looks fun too albeit the algo exists in the bigger Boss’.

And that is a mighty tempting alternative you’re suggesting… I suspect I’ll be PMing you just shortly.

I have a big sky and love it, it does have a definate character that it imprints on your signal though, and that can drive you nuts when you get tiered of it, once you notice it i can irk you, and if you multitrack record with it on multiple channels the character doubles so to speak. Its great dont get me wrong, but i yearn for something that is less characterised.

To back it up i have a lexicon MX200 for shorter tailed spaces which imparts less character but the tails are not long enough, and a HOFii for static pitched down shimmer designed in the toneprint software. Its not amazing but fills a role and is definately a keeper.

Can anyone comment on Chase Bliss Thermae? I’d like to switch out my Memory Man for something a bit more interesting and modern but keep it strictly analogue. I’m afraid of losing the MMs vibe - sounds so good - but I never have liked the high frequency roll off.

I can get a Thermae over time but can’t try one out.

Are there a lot of very unique styles that you can get with it or is it very samey? Can it do glitchey well: short delay times and wild FB modulation? How does it sound?

Thanks in advance.

I’m (necro) seconding this: the Rubberneck is wonderful.

Not as full sounding as my MemoryManXO, but still sounds great. And whatever it lacks there it more than makes up for in versatility. Good lord can it do a lot. Especially with something in the FB loop. Soooo much fun. Pairs nicely with my semi-modulars too. The only issue for me is the dual-layer dials move one another sometimes. It’s kind of a nonissue…except the gain, which can quickly become unwieldy.

Anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive, interesting pedals I could leave in its FB loop?

Edit: Also: Red Panda offers this cable… does anyone know of a cable that allows for two cv jacks?

3 Likes

Another rubberneck. image

8 Likes

Ventris by Source Audio & Echosystem by Empress

3 Likes

Well that’s only logical. :+1:

I actually have them in each other’s feedback loop for ping-ponged stereo feedback!

4 Likes

Ah I was just about to ask about that.
I’ve been using two Boss DM2w in a stereo configuration for 2 years now. The crunch and noise that BBDs add is nice on its own, but man it’s one whole new level in stereo :alien: :alien:

1 Like

I won’t have mine for another week or so, but this thing seems to do pretty much everything anyone could honestly ask @ $400usd.

1 Like

When I was piecing together my guitar pedalboard between 2012-2014 I tried a lot of different reverb and especially delay pedals. Stuff from Boss, Electro Harmonix, MXR, Earthquaker, and lots more.

I ultimately settled on the Strymon El Capistan + Flint combo. El Cap is killer for all kinds of tape sounds, from super clean to completely mangled tape and everything in between, and the sound on sound mode is very cool as well. Perfect for intros and interludes. Flint may seem like a rather simple reverb pedal, but you get three very different modes that are basically all sweet spot plus the tone knob goes a very long way to shape the sound. Huge bonus is you get a bunch of lush tremolo types on the other side of Flint. I haven’t looked at other pedals since I got these two.

3 Likes

The DM2w is an excellent pedal, simple and sounds great. Would love to try a pair in stereo but I really have far too many delay pedals for one person at this point.

Really excited for mine too

I ended up getting a Ninja Tune Zen Delay to go with my RV-500.

2 Likes

What is so special about the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall Red Knob edition in comparison with the Strymon El capistan? 200€ more is a Numbers for Just Delay…

Analog coupled with an insane amount of skills. It’s like saying the Blue Mosque is just a building.

2 Likes

Stereo vs Mono

This might be the pedal that makes me finally crack my “no pedals” rule. Is it true that the Digit and Beebo are the same, and you can just swap out the firmware to get from one to the other?

EDIT: answering my own question, yes you can!

Stereo is overrated. Get two :wink: