Retrokits RK-002 for Octatrack

yep that’s what I do, but it only records steps on the active track - one out of eight. Any thoughts?

What channel do you use on your keyboard ?
Do you record in Audio Track mode ?
Can you play tracks polyphonically ?
Did you uploaded the Polymux correctly ?

If you can use a midi monitor, you can check what is sent by RK002.

Proof that it works :

1 Like

I’ve updated my OT to 1.40 but what does it have to do with it anyway? Do I need to change the settings within AUDIO NOTEIN -> MIDI CONTROL to either FOLLOW TM or MAP/TRACK or leave it on Standard?

I thought the RK002 does nothing else but trigger track sounds. Or is it crucial to have a slice for the recording / playback option to work?

I’ve also recorded a short video about it - sorry the sound is very quiet in my video - best to hear it with headphones.

I feel like I’m still missing a crucial step.

In your video you play across more than 2 octaves. How do you do that? I’m using the settings according to OT’s manual MIDI mapping which gives me a two octave range. If I go beyond that range I’m messing about with all kinds of MIDI things by accident. What would I need to change?
Also in your video, is this the same Rhodes sample for all the pitches which is pitched up/down?
Or is it somewhat “multi-sampled” for better sound quality and less artefacts - like on the Bitbox modular sampler?

what kind of setting is this:
ot_screen

• as per WiliWoW’s video - Tracks / Slices?
    Is this important for recording onto several tracks with RK-002’s polyphony?
    How do I get these two icons? I can only get either or.

@twig sorry I missed your posts.
Forget my setup for the moment, (I’m using slices, Map/Track mode with Track mode as Global, and Slice mode for several tracks, hence these icons, and a 4 octaves range).

I’d start with a new project, it should work with default settings, if you choose channels 1-8 for the RK002.
With default track mode, you should see leds alternating on trigs 9-16.
(Isn’t it the case in your video ?)

Don’t hesitate to quote me or write @sezare56 so that I’ll be notified.