Restoring Sound library Banks on A4

That is correct Commander.

3 Likes

well - you’ve at least learned that backing up is imperative if you create your own sounds

and in all likelihood as you probably shouldn’t have acquired some of those sounds you’ve not actually lost that much

for sure - we’re just mindful on policing that, it doesn’t just impact on Elektron, it’s a bit more embarrassing if their partners can sense piracy is condoned on the official forum

thanks for understanding

3 Likes

summing up: when 1 person buys new elektron analog four, elektron gives you the full banks from a to a p? but the banks after b are part of the sounds for analog but they are not from the factory and if you lose them you can no longer recover right?

No. A brand new A4 has 2 X banks. A and B. Anything in banks C and onwards are either purchased soundpacks (that cannot be sold on/transferred to another party) or user created, that have been added afterwards
When performing a Factory reset, the A4 is returned to it’s factory state i.e Banks A and B. All other content is erased permanently, with no way of retrieval.

4 Likes

wow … then the contents of the banks from c to p were inserted (extra not by factory) by the old owner of my analog 4 ?? if so I haven’t lost anything of fabrica elektro sounds benches right?

you’ve not lost any factory content, it’s impossible to lose it permanently - a factory reset will restore project 1 including kits patterns soundpool etc and reinstate factory sounds onto bank A & Bank B - a factory reset does not erase projects 2 onwards

if you format the +drive you will wipe everything, all projects and all sounds … from there if you do a factory reset project 1 is restored and sounds on banks a and b are returned

3 Likes

Correct. Obviously “factory reset” doesn’t lose factory sounds! It restores them. The factory sounds fill banks A and B. Everything else is not a factory sound.

The manual makes that pretty clear:

When performing a factory reset on the Analog Four MKII it will overwrite and re-initialize the active project (including all pattern, kit, sound pool and global data). The +Drive project slot 1 will be overwritten and re-initialized. Sound bank A and B will be overwritten with the factory Sounds. Factory preset patterns, kits, Sounds and settings will be re-initialized.

You did read the manual before doing it, right?

No. When you buy it new, only banks A and B contain sounds.

Yes.

3 Likes

Wow!
Thank you dear!!!

1 Like

And just want to add… other user’s presets and patterns from used gear may seem nice, but it absolutely opens up a legal mess.

Did they create the presets, and if so, did they explicitly include their presets as part of the sale? What about their patterns? They came up with those songs and sounds, and may not have intended to transfer them along with the hardware.

Did they get the patches from sample packs, and if so were they transferable? Any sample packs bought on the Elektron store are non-transferable, for example.

If these were not clarified, then you end up on shaky legal ground using them. I highly recommend anyone that buys something used to factory restore it to get around any of these issues. So see this as a bit of a blessing, aside from anything that you lost that you created yourself!

1 Like

thanks for the help to all !! yesterday I could no longer send messages because I had sent too many! and elektron website gives you a maximum of about 20 messages per day, I am very happy that my analog 4 works very well and in reality I have not lost anything original (factory bank a, b) because the other banks from c, d, and , f, g, and so on are just extra … and later I will buy some (bank extra) I will build some, and some for free too … thanks …

1 Like