[RESOLVED]1x8 length bug?

I wanted to control an external gear with a MIDI track.

The pattern required 56 steps at 1x8 speed of the actual tempo.
so basically the 4th page would use 8 steps.

at 1x the speed, it works.
at 1x2 the speed, it works.
at 1x4 the speed, it works.

but at 1x8 the speed, it was restarting after step 4 of the 4th page (even though the trigs were lit one after an other until step 8 as desired, the note of page 1 step 1 was played at the step 5 of the 4th page).

Has anyone else encountered this behavior?
(I didn’t try with a synth track to see…)

I used a pattern chain to resolve this so it’s not a huge problem but perhaps I just don’t understand something and it’s not a bug haha.

Did you check the SCALE MENU? The LENGTH parameter controls the overall length, but there are two modes:

1. Length per Pattern (all tracks share the same length and time signature)
  2. Length per Track (we can assign individual track lengths and scales to tracks)
1 Like

Thanks!

Yes, I did and tried everything I could think of to no unveil. I set it at 1x4, it worked then modified for 1x8 but nope…

If using Scale per Track, then the Master Length is very important. Is it not set high enough to include the last four steps maybe? It is odd that the lights work as normal, tho. It could be that you have found a bug in that case.

Edit: 56 steps x 8 would need a Master Length of 448 steps to play everything before resetting.

2 Likes

Thanks!

today, it does not need to be at 1/8x speed but 1/4x (I must have tried many stuffs and get lost in the middle).
so it should be 224 steps right? so I’ve set as follow:

length: 56/64
scale: 1/4x
Ch.len: 224
M.len:224

with scale per track and… it worked!

I remember trying 224 but I’ve tried so many different variations, not sure it was the right number with the right config haha.

It must have been a human error! damn, human…

I’ll mark it as resolved, thanks!

3 Likes

Awesome. Glad you got it working :slight_smile:

1 Like