Resampling when all tracks are full

Hi

Could somebody explain to me the proper technique to resample when all tracks are full? In other words, I don’t have a spare track for resampling. Can I use parts to do this?

All your track recorders are running?

You can record to a record buffer even when it’s not assigned to a track.

6 Likes

Yes all track recorders are running. Ahh you’re right! I can still record to track buffer.

Sorted. Thank mr_Bernard!!

3 Likes

8 audio tracks, 8 midi tracks, and 8 recorders.

So I guess you were not using the 8 recorders.
If so, it is still possible to resample, changing pattern a rec source : you can use a recorder resampling its buffer.

Application : resample Main, Cue.
Use overdub with Flex.

1 Like

I always switch dynamic recorders in and turn off all reserves for buffers, because in a situation like yours usually they aren’t actually all full, they have lots of ‘reserved’ space doing nothing

2 Likes

While we’re on re-sampling, do you think there are any benefits to be had resampling from mains vs resampling from Master Track or Track

Tests needed to confirm but AFAIK, recording T8 set as Master Track with Level = 127 should be similar to record Main (maybe different if you change Main Level…).
Recording another track is different, Level or Cue don’t matter, VOL do.
Cue depends on Cue sends, levels.

2 Likes

So I made some tests with SRC3 internal recording.

• If you record a specific track, Track Level don’t change recording level, even for T8 Master recording.
  • Main Level change recording level only for MAIN recording.
  • Cue Level change recording level only for CUE recording.

So I think recording T8 Master or MAIN would be the same unless you change Main Level (Default = 0)

6 Likes

Thanks for testing that out Sezare56!!!

1 Like