Replacing Buttons

Hi there!

I recently got from Elektron a new set of buttons for my OT Mkii since they are pretty wornout from heavy use. I have searched online and have not found a tutorial on replacing the whole set. It would be very helpful to hear from someone who has already replaced them on how I should proceed, as I don’t want to compromise my unit.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Hey, welcome :). I think that a common thing to do is two loops of dental floss; one hooked under the left, and one hooked under the right side of the button. You can then lift up gently and you’ll slide the keycap off the button below.

They’re just like mechanical keyboard switches if you’ve ever used them!

1 Like

Above could work fine. Otherwise remove the knob caps and cross fader cap. Remove all of the 3m 2.5 hex screws from the top panel.

The top will come off then and you can replace them. It’s one of the easier boxes to open.

1 Like

Oh thats great! I always thought they looked like mechanical keyboards buttons, glad to hear they work the same with the replacement. Thanks a bunch!

Will keep this in mind, if possible I would not like to open the box but if the other method doesnt work for whatever reason I’ll try this one! thanks for the reply

1 Like