Replacement Knobs

Noticing that my A4 mk1 knobs were getting slightly loose/wobbly, I thought I’d be proactive and order a new set but have seen that Elektron no longer do replacement knobs.

I did find these guys but have zero experience with them so am seeking advice…

And any other options for replacement knobs?

2 Likes

Those look like Sifam / Selco knobs.

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/intellijel-style-knobs/

Thanx for sharing.

It’s not the knob caps that are wobbly, it’s the encoders themselves. You’ll probably need to replace the encoders eventually as they start malfunctioning slightly, not long after they start wobbling. If you’re handy with a soldering iron, Elektron will sell you a set of encoders if you open a support ticket. There’s a guide for how to replace encoders; just do a search in this forum and it should be easy to find.

4 Likes

If you looked at elektron online store, no knobs. But i think if you contact support and tell them u want to but knobs it should be ok and as far i remembered it is not very expensive.

2 Likes

Not true. Contact support and they will help you out with spare parts.

9 Likes

Just add a support ticket on your Elektron account. they will respond quickly and ship anything to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Knobs are on their way, thanks Elektron support…

3 Likes

You need encoders not knobs. (More than likely)

2 Likes

Hi,
I opened a ticket regarding my A4 knobs replacement, but I wanted to know does anyone currently get feedback from elektron and Do they still have replacement knobs and encoders for mk1 versions? Because I could not find anything in ebay or amazon!

Bests

They were selling them once upon a time, and no doubt have some in stock for repairs etc.

The chroma caps work if you’re in a pickle and need some ASAP

1 Like

Speaking of knobs, does anyone know of replacement knobs that would fit the Digitakt? I would be fun to have Moog-style (or similar) knobs for the DT, they would need to have no position marker obviously.

Chroma caps fit them as well, so I suspect a D shaft in that size, in the moog style could work.
Try thonk

1 Like

Sweet thanks for the reply dude, I’ll check those out. Does anyone know the exact dimensions, height and diameter, for the encoder shafts on the Digitakt?

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/k-gakki/item/ele-knbupkt-rc-1/

My light grey AK knobs are starting to yellow so 2 months ago I ordered some very cheap replacements from AliExpress (China) and they just arrived. I bought 20x cos they were so cheap - £2 inc delivery! - and they don’t look too bad. Obvs they’re cheap plastic and don’t feel as good as the original knobs but they’re a similar light grey, look ok, fit well, and don’t have a level marker (surprisingly hard to find)

I have a mk1 a4 and things feel ok for now but I’m not sure what to do when they fail…probably the main/only reason I want a mk2 again but I got this one for 500.

You contact Elektron.

Heck, I got a set of replacement pots for a MnM a week or so ago.

2 Likes