Replace LCD

Hi there,

There are some scratches on an Analog Key’s LCD - any guides/tips on replacing?

Many thanks

first thing; check it’s not the protective plastic layer - it has happened !
failing that, some kind of scratch repair compound is what i’d look for, replacing is going to be v.spendy

Yep, “scratches” on the screen protector sticker is a classic with elektron boxes. Its hard to see when you get it new, when you remove it the view is also less blured.

The lcd itself is inside the machine btw, and theres a screenshield (wich where is the sticker on^^) in the frontplate:

Thanks for your help, guys!

I picked up some of these “custom cut” screen protectors at radio shack. I knew removing the factory screen film would make the screen look much better and it really did! but then with moving them around and wiping it off i knew it would be a matter of time that i would scratch it. I used one of the 5 sheets and made protectors for the A4,RYTM, and slim phatty. extremely transparent and now they are protected again. took one shot to cut and apply each and they look flawless.

*just make sure you get the “universal” and not the anti glare as I can’t verify how well antiglare are.

Yep. To my eternal shame, I thought my Rytm’s LCD was scratched for about 3 months! I put up with my ‘imperfect’ box until I read about the plastic protector and peeled it off to find my lovely, scratch-free, smear-free screen. Sigh.

any chance for pics please`?

I also had a warranty issue with the screen and scratches because I did not realize there was a almost invisible thing on it!