Renovating my home studio, looking for ideas

My monitors are on stands on my right side, this is not exactly and ideal sitation. I feel they (KRK RP5) are too powerful to be fitted on the stand. The stand could take it, but i feel the distance to my ears would be too little for such powerful speakers.

I’m not focusing on the audio mastering process in my studio so it’s not a big deal. Ideally i’d have the speakers on stands a bit behind the rack or perhaps use small, precise monitors on the stand itself.

It depends on your Monitors. My JBL 305s Just fit right, though i wish sometimes i had 10cm more depths.

I have the same monitors. Their back won’t be against the wall though, there will be plenty of open space behind them. I plan on building my own desk but from what I’m seeing most studio desks are around 90 cm in depth, that’s probably like 3 rows of gear.

If you have the room for it, why Not.

Here we go :grinning:

4 Likes

Whats that hole in the Wall next to the left door?

1 Like

Honey, have you seen my patch cords?

6 Likes

:rofl:

Very modern Christmas tree…

1 Like

There used to be a window there, looking at dead space which is from top to bottom in my complex… It’s getting closed now.

What´s the other side looking? Just curious.

You mean on the back of where the photo was taken? A church, a busy street and a few other complex apartments.