Remove unused samples from project pool

Can’t seem to find it in manual.

Does anyone know if there is a way to, with one operation, remove samples that are not used in any of the kits/sounds from project sample pool?

Thanks,

Ed

I think there isn’t an option for do that, but would be cool something like the “purge” in MPC’s. The fastest way so far is to remove by hand, using that “asterisc” as guide to which are used or not in the active project

The OT has purge function. Hopefully the AR gets it.

Purge function would be great.

Is there a way to see which samples in a project that are used and unused?

You can see which samples are in use the global->samples->view ram

Here’s a screen shot of my sample ram and the ones not in use have an # in front of their sample size, in this case the first two samples listed. (Se picture below)

There isn’t however any “unload unused” in the AR but that would be a really great feature indeed.

Workaround is to go trough the ram view and manually select unused samples by pressing the yes/save button and then select unload in the right side menu.

4 Likes
  • 1 for this function :slight_smile:

+1 for the purge function.

Also, I’ve found that when you unload some samples from the ram pool the order on the pool is maintained. That’s obviously done in purpose, in order to maintain the structure of kits containing samples on those slots.

But sometimes, I want to start a project from scratch based on a previously working project in order to do some sound design.
The first thing I do is to unload some samples on the pool in order to make some space on the ram, then when I upload a bunch of new samples from the +drive they will spread all over the empty spaces I had on the pool (the samples I erased).
As I don’t care for kits having missing samples on this scenario it would be great to have an option to force all the existing samples to sort in order (preferably alphabetically), leaving all the blank spaces at the end of the list.

It would be a lot easier to found the samples you need when editing a new kit and loading new folders full of samples.

So, yes! A purge function plus a sort function would work great on some scenarios…

Sample management is an area that needs some serious focus in the future. Really lets the AR down.

2 Likes

yes, a HUGE + 1 for better sample mgmt with a purge/ remove unused samples from project function.

2 Likes

+1

+1 started a thread about this a while ago, and think I’ve seen several others.

Another +1

And it’s probably been done to death around here already, but it would be nice to move samples from their assigned slot for things like assigning an LFO to the sample slot selection.

Maybe this can be done - in any event someone pointed out on another thread that you can load directly from +drive to the ram slots, which would be another way of going about it. But cumbersome.

1 Like