Remote arpeggiating question

Hi,

I’m using OT MIDI track 1 Arpeggiator to send MIDI notes to an external synth module.
Track 1 is on channel 2.
Also there is a Keyboard MIDI controller connected to the OT sending MIDI notes on channel 2.

So if I have MIDI track 1 selected, playing notes on the controller activates the arpeggiator and MIDI notes arrives to the Synth module, all perfect.

But if I select any other track, then just a single note arrives to the Synth module, is like OT’s MIDI track 1’s arpeggiator works only when OT’s MIDI track 1 is selected.

I’m not sure but I think some time in the pass I did achieve to have the arpeggiator working no matter which track is selected by sending the right MIDI note channel.

Any idea?

Thanks!

LEN to Inf in Note page ?
NLEN in Arp page ?
Auti Channel ?
Just ideas.

Should work on all tracks.

Thanks for answering.

Len and NLEN are already INF for both.
Auto Channel is set to Off because the use of the auto channel is just the opposite of I want to achieve.

I’m probably confused because on the Analog Four this is totally doable. You can activate any arpeggiator remotely, just by sending midi notes on the right channels, no matter which channel is selected. May be because of that I’m confused when I think I remember I did this on the Octatrack.

So far It seems that the only way that an external MIDI note activates the Arpeggiator is to have selected the Arpeggiator track itself. What a pity.

So you have to use Auto Channel on Ot isn’t it ?
You can’t plock and lfo control the Arp in A4. :nej:

If you use the auto channel on the OT to control a track you need to select and stay on that track, that is exactly what I don´t want. I want to trigger arpeggios from my MIDI controller, and play sample’s slices from an Audio track using the OT trigger keys.

Any way it is not a deal breaker, shame it doesn’t behaves like the AF Arpeggiator.

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

Have experienced this as well. Track must be selected (and not muted iirc) for arp to work on incoming midi notes even using track channel…

1 Like