Reminder digital delay

This one recently got funded on indiegogo and there is 5 units left.
I bought one, so I thought that perhaps others would like to learn about this amazing tool.

3 Likes

In the end I didn’t support this … which I might regret (I love the double-delay with swing/shuffle function, but ideally I’d like something powered by 9v and smaller, and I don’t need the filter).

It looks and sounds very satisfying.

This has me interested. I have an H9 that takes care of reverb duties and had been looking at the usual pedals like Timeline, Collider etc but the Reminder just looks so much more creative and inviting than others.
I hope I can get a chance to try one at some point.

1 Like

How have u got on with the Reminder f1nns, I see they’ve got another run due in August and it looks pretty good for techno jammin !!

1 Like

It sounds amazing in multiple videos I have seen and heard, but the fact that it does not have balanced in- and outputs put me off a bit.

1 Like

Eh for a piece of gear like this it’s no problem, how long are the cable runs going to be on your desk? I have a lots of rack delays and most don’t have balanced I/O, never had any issues with noise or signal loss or anything.

1 Like

I’ve been intrigued with this thing for a while… is this your video? If so, do you enjoy using it? How do you fit it into your set-up?

Any other Reminder owners…please share your thoughts!

No, not my video.

And I don’t own one either.

Took some money from my inheritance and ordered one of these. Totally unplanned.

Wanted something relatively flexible for my relatively minimal setup up (Op-1, Aeros Loop Studio, Ottobit Jr.)

How are people enjoying theirs?

I think almost nobody has one yet. But i’m interested to hear how you like it. Looks great.

1 Like

I would absolutely love one of these.

Could definitely build an effects rack in Live that does basically the same thing but y’know, knobs.

1 Like

Exactly, lol!

1 Like

Andertons had one on display when I popped in to try Syntakt on Friday.
Somehow I resisted the urge and left without either.

2 Likes

Hi, some advice please :slight_smile:

Has anyone had any actual experience using one of these Reminder units? Am considering getting one of the following set ups as an outboard effects (mainly need reverb and delay) unit/s for a mixing desk:

1. Enjoy Reminder (appreciate this has limited reverb ability)
  2. Eventide Space + Eventide Timefactor (appreciate that Strymon have similar products)
  3. An all in one like a Zoia, Line 6 Helix HX Effects or an Eventide H9

Having an ability to route two separate effects to the mixer at once is a plus for me.

Will be using the effects for mainly synths/drum synths/samplers.

I’m a DJ at heart, so don’t need anything too complex.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above please?

I’ll post a new thread if this is too broad a question for this thread.

Many thanks

the former no experience, but interesting, but not for a main room, I think anyway.

Eventide Space is in my opinion the best main reverb I’ve used so far. much better than plugins. characterful.

What bothers me about the H9 is that only one effect can be used at a time or preset chains, that’s a no-go for me and I’m not sure whether the sound is the same as with the Space Pedal alone.

I had timefactor and timeline and found timeline better, but not perfect either. Both are sold, but I would still like to test eggeneiander again.

For me, only the Space comes into question as a reverb or very old cheap reverbs, such as Alesis Midiverb 2 or Alesis Quadraverb. and old delays like kord sdd 3000 or roland 3000 - there are a lot of old racks here that sound really good. many probably don’t like that because it sounds unnatural, but that’s exactly what my sound breathes. I don’t like super hifi reverbs like pricasti and co.

1 Like

For the simplicity and quality of effects I,d go fir the Empress Reverb and Echosystem.

2 Likes

I enjoy the Reminder’s Reverb if I use it on vocals, fx, foley. In fact I prefer using the Reminder for these types of sounds in general.

It’s really an instrument in itself. I wouldn’t recommend it as your main Reverb/Delay. But it does some unique things.

1 Like

Don’t forget the Reminder has 4 assignable outputs.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s helpful insight, much appreciated.

Agree on the H9 view also. I’d rather have Space.