"Reflecting Chamber" by (D)/GLITCHED

Hey there:

Just letting you know that I recently released a 6-track EP on bandcamp called “Reflecting Chamber.”

Use good headphones and take a walk. Do some thinking; reflect.
Includes incredible artwork by fellow Elektronaut and Monomachine master, LRNZ (lrnz.it).

As usual, this is an all-Elektron affair. OT2, Digitone, Model:Cycles.

This album is set to pay-what-you-want in the hopes that everyone can listen to it.
If you can afford to support an artist in times like these, that’s great and very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

(d)/glitched

4 Likes

I just fell into the chamber :wink:
Cool sounds and great EP!

Hey, all: thanks for listening and supporting the release! It’s still free/pay-what-you-want.

Seeing as this is an Elektron forum, I thought I’d describe how I used the amazing instruments on this EP.

1. Clamped Down - A weird track based on one of my first patterns on the #Elektron #modelcycles . The “drum” track is actually a SN model, p-locked into a kick on steps. Goes through Octatrack2 for dist/efx. Pad is a chord machine from M:C.

2. Processing Plant - thunderous bassdrums and other sounds from #digitone sampled into #octatrack. Various clicks and noises were slices of the original DN samples. Lots of weird efx (OT), spectral processing. Gets really evil around 3:00.

3. Reflecting Chamber - weird, melodic track: digitone through OT, comb-filtered, re-sampled, pitched.

4. Render Control - this one took me forever to edit and finish. Original is like 20:00 long. #analogrytm through OT (see the trend?). Lots of tight delay. Lots of performance with A/B scenes. The Digitone provides eerie, floaty pads. I like the gentle fade-away…

5. Phazon Mine - Sampled/re-sampled thing that I reconstructed in OT. Not sure the original source. I like the airy stereoness of it. It sounds like breathing or scraping or something. #Digitone does the percussive klang thing.

6. Unrelenting Pressure - my fave. Came from the first batch of tracks I did on the OT. The others didn’t survive.
    All octatrack. Internal efx, chained, p-locked and automated.
    It’s a long one, but I think it’s compelling.

Oh, and mixing/mastering!
Mixing was a breeze because I rarely use multiple tracks. Everything usually goes out to stereo or is added later.

iZotope Ozone 8 for everything, pretty much. Started with Autechre’s “xflood” track as a ref. Their “Mastering Assistant” did a better job on most tracks. Kept everything at a moderate level and rarely had to limit. Used -14LUFS as a baseline.

Once again, thank you to @Elektron , for none of my music could be made without their insane gear.

Even more, cool stuff, soon!

3 Likes

very good and thanks for the detailed notes. i’ve got a patch on my minilogue named after you btw. I don’t know if it is terribly reflective of you in general but for one reason or another i named it with you in mind.

Thanks! That means a lot to me!