Red Panda Particle V2

I’m so glad I posted the above about not being able to find a Particle (1st version) for sale. I received a secret message, someone selling their Particle (thanks again man!), I bought it, got it 4 days later & it is absolutely amazing! Never heard anything like it. I’m completely mind blown over this thing. I could tell by watching Youtube demo’s that it does something special to the sound, but was not expecting what I heard when playing with it myself.

No wonder I had troubles finding 1 for sale!

2 Likes

Dang, that’s lucky. If there are any other guardian angels out there, I’m looking for one too.

There are two of them right now on Reverb, one is actually new. Pricey tho.

UK here!

The new one is the Netherlands… they ship to the UK.

Just saw it - £30 more expensive than buying new!

Supply and demand I’m afraid… but I’d make them an offer for $250 and see if they’d take it :slight_smile:

It was an Elektronaut, he saw my post & sent me a message, he was sellin it on reverb. Paid $250, mint, came with the box & even a sticker. I saw its like $270 - $280 new. I think it’s worth it. I’m going to try to do a video or atleast post audio examples. The demos I saw were good, but I didn’t really find any that show just how much it can mangle audio & in the numbers of ways it does so.

There’s 3 available on Amazon UK shipping from Germany and cheaper than the Dutch Reverb seller and with free shipping.

299 i believe.

https://www.facebook.com/183282970759/posts/10158180920710760/

4 Likes

I saw this post and pic of maybe the new particle, with 2nd footswitch, additional knob and preset buttons! Look Suhweet if legit.

I just got the tensor and it’s really fun so far on vocals. Haven’t tried it on anything else:).

7 Likes

i was a little bit (mono) shocked seeing only 3 connectors on that picture. but it was mentioned before that it´s TRS stereo. interesting, never had a pedal before with such connectors.

I think the Strymon stuff does stereo TRS. It’s a decent option, keeps size small for guitarists but still offers the choice of stereo.

2 Likes

It’s tough to fit all those inputs/outputs while keeping the size of the pedal reasonable. Something’s got to give.

i wonder anyway how stereo is implemented in that pedal. does it dual mono or can it calculate stereo fx onto mono signals ? we´ll see soon !

Minifoogers use it. it’s not a problem - & sort of makes sense on compact units not using balanced connections anyway. Just need to make sure youve got insert leads to hand.

just had an email from Red Panda. I asked if the V2 can sync to midi clock.

reply:

"Particle 2 will be able to receive a MIDI clock with the next firmware update - owners can easily update the firmware via USB and as always firmware updates are absolutely free. "

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ugh… I want one of these but they don’t seem to exist anywhere.

They had a pre-order via their website, if I recall correctly. redpandalab.com It looks like that may be over. They should get over the initial rush soon, though and more should pop up. Keep an eye on reverb.com.