Recreating classic FM/DX7 sounds on Digitone (incl. free Sound Pack)

Awesome can’t wait to check out your patching work on my digitone. Thanks for giving it a try, I know the egs are way more limited than the dx7s.

1 Like

Really great video, and it’s obvious a lot of work went into this.
Nice Reverend too, btw.

Some feedback;

Text that moves too fast drives me INSANE… it often makes me leave videos.

When you do the editing, make sure you can comfortably read the text 3 times at a regular reading pace, and that should be a good indicator of the text display time.

Otherwise, really good work and I subbed. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Thx … I am aware of the problem; got a lot of things to say, don’t like to talk in my videos, so it’s always a compromise. I usually do the text at 2 times of what I expect to be reading time (with the exception of things which are just side jokes, like 03:53). Viewers can always pause, rewind, half-speed if they miss stuff. But I take your feedback and try to reduce text a bit more, and give it more time, in my next vid :relaxed:

4 Likes

Great mix of education, entertainment, and some serious skills on the keys! Can’t wait to check out the pack, thank you for this labour of love

2 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks :nerd_face:

1 Like

What a great video! Thanks for making that… very informative, and fun to watch/listen to. Great sounds and great playing!

1 Like

I really enjoyed the video and am excited to try out the sound pack, thanks so much for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words everybody :blush:

4 Likes

wow, thanks for the video and the patches (subscribed, and installed, respectively. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I really appreciate the work that you put into your video. Can’t wait to try the patches!

1 Like

Awesome :heart:!

1 Like

The harpsichord sounds quite convincing! I don’t really get the trick of having the negative envelope on the filter when the filter cutoff is completely open. but it works!

1 Like

The trick is that the negative envelop automatically slowly turns down the filter frequency a bit after hitting a note, and then immediately fully opens the filter again as soon as you release that note. Downside of this approach: If you release the note too soon, there will be no audible release noise, since the filter envelop didn’t have enough time to turn that filter freq down; OTOH, if you make the envelope turn down filter freq too fast or too low, the tone before release will sound wrong.

1 Like

Wow, I was going to post a thread asking how to copy presets from Dexed!

If you were to explain your way of matching sounds with DEXED in a vid it would be a killer. TBF I should understand by reading your message but Im completely new to FM synthesis…

1 Like

How do you interpret the detune and coarse of Dexed in Digitone ?

Thanks for your hard work and generosity! Great patches, looking forward to give them a try, for sure :smiley:

1 Like

@TheGuacamoleXplosion Just wanted to say that I downloaded your patches and am enjoying them a lot, and I’m already making music with them. It’s incredible how multi-faceted FM synthesis can be. Thanks again for sharing!

3 Likes

Cool, would be happy to hear the results if you make a jam/track using the sounds :star_struck:

1 Like

I love the video, it left me with this feeling :smile:

1 Like

:laughing: