Recording with Overbridge and Audio Interface inputs simultaneously

Hey there, I have searched and maybe I’m not looking in the wrong place but can’t find a straight and simple answer to this question.

Im currently recording into my DAW (Logic) with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and I’m using both inputs for two different hardware synths.

Im considering getting a Digitakt, and was hoping that I can use Overbridge to record simultaneously with the input tracks from the Scarlett.

I cant find a straight answer about whether this is possible, and I dont want to spend money on the Digitakt if this is not going to work.
Thanks for your help.

Yes it’s possible. You’ll have to deal with a bit of nudging things around if you are trying to track things with tight sync between OB and regular inputs but it’s possible. I used to do this all the time.

You can also use the Digitakt inputs to input external audio into your DAW via OB as well.

1 Like

Okay, fabulous, thanks. I would rather not deal with any latency/time discrepancy issues as my goal is to record live jams to my DAW.

From what you’re saying, maybe I could just plug my two inputs into the Digitakt as it looks like it has 2x 1/4" inputs, and port everything through OB.

Just curious if the DT will filter or color the sound from those inputs at all, or would it be transparent and virtually the same as running it through the Focusrite?

No problem.

Yes, you can do exactly as you describe. This was my main recording setup / template for years.

No coloration from the DT’s AD converters. They are very clean, as are almost all converters these days.

2 Likes