Recording the midi tracks

Hey there, i was wondering if I’m able to record (sample) my midi tracks in the DT itself?
E.g i have a sequence from ext. gear running on Channel H and i want to record it to use it on one of the sample channels (1-8), so channel H is ready to re use for another sound from my external gear.
I hope the “explanation” was understandable.
Thanks in advance G’s

1 Like

Yes. Connect the output of the sound source to the audio input of the DT, and sample.

I have connect the gear to my mixer…isn’t it possible to do it in the fly while jamming ?

1 Like

You’ll need to use an assignable output from your mixer to the input of the Digitakt. Not sure if your mixer has an assignable output like the mackie boards do (alt 3/4). You’d connect alt 3/4 output from the mixer to Digitakt input and the push the alt 3/4 button and then start sampling.

1 Like

what I do with my behringer xenyx mixer is that I have a cable going from “fx send” to the input L of my digitakt, so that I can decide which signal goes there.
So, basically what streetdeezy also says.

1 Like

this could also be done from a sound card instead of a mixer console? ευχαριστώ

If your interface has an out (usually 3/4), you can send that to the DT’s inputs, or you could send a headphone/line out to the inputs I guess (I haven’t tried that)

1 Like