Recording - routing problem?

Hello elektronauts
when I record my track our set I don’t hear the filtered sounds coming from the Heat,
my home setup is
dark trinity>input mixer xone42>record out>audio6 soundcard native instruments
>main out > in heat
out heat> in amplifier > speakers
when I record, I choose my audio 6 audio card,
when playing I hear the filters of the heat, when recording, nothing of the heat is recorded
:smiley_cat: I’m confused,
any advice is welcome
thank you!
kind regards,
A.

So, it sounds like the heat is between your audio 6 out and your amplifier? This would be past the point in the chain you would be recording at and understandable why you would hear the changes but would not be recorded.

Should be more like:
dark trinity>[heat here]>input mixer xone42>[also heat could be here]>record out>audio6 soundcard native instruments

1 Like

Hello H445 :slight_smile: :smiley_cat: I will try one of them,
so excited I can hardly think straight., just bought the Heat yesterday woohoo! :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heat: :heat: :heat:

It worked out to record the filtered sound of the Heat, but now I can’t hear the filtered sound of the Heat when I’m actually playing.

dark trinity>input mixer xone42>record out >Heat in -Heat out >audio in audio6 soundcard native instruments
-main out mixer> amplifier, so now I ruled out the Heat of the chain with my speakers…

:zonked:

I am guessing you are monitoring from the Xone instead of from the audio6. You would need the Heat before your monitor point.

Edit: You could also use the heat as an FX unit I believe with the Xone, you would go FX out to heat, then FX in from heat - This would give you flexibility of picking what channel inputs are driven by the fx unit (heat).

1 Like

will try it now! thank you for your help :panda:

1 Like

YES it worked with FX send & return! So happy now!
Thank You very much @H445 !!
Enjoy your evening,
:smile_cat:
:heat: :heat: :heat:

1 Like

Glad I could be of help =). This would be the preferred setup for flexibility. I personally do not have a Heat, but this signal path would be usable for any FX units. You just need to keep in mind where you are monitoring from, and where you are recording at.

I thought the Xone could also be used as USB soundcard as well? Maybe you can do away with the NI side of things all together and simplify a bit. Would take some research though, I unfortunately don’t have a Xone either.

@H445 it all sounds so logical but when looking at all the cables :joy:
the xone indeed has a USB connection for recording, but never tried it out, never thought about using it because I’m used to this set-up, :slight_smile:
it sure is a good idea to figure out how I can make it work , :smiley_cat: thank you very much for your advice!,
much appreciated,

kind regards

@Alienna Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about your setup. Always happy to help, and I will have to check some of your tunes tonight =)

1 Like

:smiley_cat: thank you for the extra support!