Recording quality difference between Digitakt and OP-1

What’s your workflow between the 2? I’m thinking of getting the DT and I currently have an OP1.

Had OP1 Digitakt and MPC Live simultaneously. I kept the Live.

after owning for a couple years op1 I tired of the character of the synth engines. I wanted deeper editing capabilities. Limited RAM and forced to keep factory presets were frustrating. Integrating with other gear was tedious. Development seemed complete. I enjoyed it and sold it for close what I paid second hand

Digitakt has a sound character I love. In the end it’s full potential seemed intentionally limited. I sold this before the OP1

MPC is a complete sampling experience. The build is just ok. The design is the least inspiring. It offers the most connectivity and flexibility. Sequencer is tight. File management couldn’t be more convenient. It is also the most predictable. Not a lot of surprises like the others. That’s not to say there aren’t adventures to be had… just a bit easier to navigate.

In short

OP1 form factor
Digitakt sequencer
MPC sample work horse

2 Likes

I’ve had lots of fun with the op-1. Haven’t sampled with it too much. I was sampling from the ipad via usb yesterday and it really didn’t sound good. Like all the bass was gone and kinda lo-fi. I kept switching the headphones from the op-1 to the ipad and was kinda alarmed. I thought the usb sampling would be legit.