Recording procedure in Ableton

Hello,

my apologies if this has been discussed - I had no luck with the search function.

How do you guys go about recording tracks through Overbridge into Ableton, especially the point when you’ve finished a multitrack recording and then want to continue working just with the audio files?

I have Midi channels for the Rytm and Reys plugins with the different tracks routed to separate audio tracks and everything works during monitoring & recording. However when I’ve finished recording, the audio files appear greyed out on the audio track and they are muted during playback.

So far I have moved each audio file onto a new audio track but then the mix is completely off since the faders are all at 0db. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe you have the “back to arrangement” button activated on Ableton. If you see on the top right of your timeline there might be an orange box you need to uncheck or it mutes the arrangement mode audio tracks.

Also did you try playing the file in itunes or something else to make sure the audio is being recorded?

Can you add some screenshots?

edit:
set monitoring to auto

1 Like

This was it! Thank you very much - I’m new to Ableton :slight_smile: