Recording octatrack

hey there… i want to record the trig arrengments and sound of my octatrack but also wanna record it midi. i have never used the midi part of my octatrack and i realize that when i got to midi part i have non of the trigs i selected on normal mode set.

i tried many configurations on the cc/midi menu. i want to record the midi of it but using the normal mode/ not the midia part mode. can some one please help me ??
what should i do??

You mean you want to record the midi notes of the audio track trigs?
Record with a DAW ?

Not sure if you actually can send them. We tried once on a french forum, you can send midi notes via Chromatic mode, but not the notes played in the sequencer.
I’m not totally sure about that.
Try Chromatic mode, if you receive notes, tour settings are OK.

Edit : maybe I missed that point for my tests but if you want to send midi with audio tracks, midi tracks have to be with different midi channels, ex = 1-8 and 9-16.

yeah but i never used midi part… there is no trigs or any work on the part. i wanna use the trigs i used on the sample mode part.

So there is no midi channel set on midi tracks ?

Check
Project > Midi > Control
and
Project >Midi > Channels

Try Chromatic mode to check if it works.

Ensure that none of the OT’s MIDI sequencer tracks use any of the MIDI channel numbers that are used by the OT’s audio tracks.

In the PROJECT > MIDI > CONTROL menu, set AUDIO NOTE OUT to “INT+EXT”. Read more information on pages 41 and 42 of the manual.

Hi. Even with those settings, I can’t send the sequenced midi notes, as I tested before.

I use Midipal as midi monitor, I can send notes from Chromatic mode trigs, 1-8 Track Trigs and 9-16 SampleTrigs, which proves my midi settings are correct.

Why do you want to record sample tracks midi notes ?
If it is very important for you, I can see a boring solution : control and play Ot’s sample tracks with midi tracks. Record midi tracks in you DAW.
If you want to plock sample tracks, record the midi notes in sample tracks, plock them.

Does anybody can confirm ?

I can’t send the sequenced midi notes from the audio tracks…