Recording Notes in sequencer via midi keyboard?

hey guys…Im trying to record midi notes Im playing on my ext keyboard to the Analog 4 sequencer, but it just doesn’t .
I get it to play the notes on the A4 but not record.
Also when browsing sounds, I can only preview the sounds from the mini built in keyboard in the A4 and not my midi keyboard.

you can live record note using only the AUTO channel

not so … you can record into a sequence that doesn’t have focus even ! - there is a setting in port config for live record on track chan :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh yes…forgot that…sorry

I have the same problem…trying to record midi notes from my ext. synth into the track channel of my A4… I can’t see any trigs being recorded.
Any advice?

I’m sending arpeggiator midi out to A4 and press record on track 1 then stop to see if anythings been recorded but there’s nothing recorded. Why?

some arpeggiators are internal - first you need to establish if yours is even sending midi out - but keep it simple first, make sure you can record note on/off and maybe use a midi monitor to see what’s coming from the other synth - check midi channels etc

1 Like

Hey,
I have exactly the same problem:

• Im trying to record midi notes Im playing on my ext keyboard to the Analog 4 sequencer, but it just doesn’t .
  • Also when browsing sounds, I can only preview the sounds from the mini built in keyboard in the A4 and not my midi keyboard.
    Did you find a solution?
    Thank you very much!
    Charles

I’m having the same problem with my Digitone, I can’t seem to record midi notes in from my midi keyboard to the sequence?

Its connected via midi in, I’ve gone thru all the settings loads, just can’t work it out!

It plays sound fine.

any ideas anyone?

Is this an answer for this?

The original question about the A4 got already answered above.

You can also check the manual starting at page 55 (especially the sections about Port Config and Channels).

When you mean recording on the Digitone: actually this device can only record on the AUTO CHANNEL (so the midi keyboard needs to send on that channel). Make sure you are in live recording mode.

1 Like

I really appreciate the help.

I never had a forum respond so thorough and precise.

Very impressive.

Almost impressive as the amazing gear …:grinning:

Peace

RUSTiK

2 Likes

With beta if it runs and doesn’t crash but there is a performance issue where to report that?(OVERBRIDGE BETA)

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-public-beta-how-to-report-issues/70540

Thanks! Grabbed several Elektron devices in last 45 days and loving them with the other stuff I have. Which is primarily iOS app and Circuit and MonoCircuit.

Once I get these Elektron boxes learned in a competent manner, going to start doing videos.

Is it permitted to do vids with the beta?

Sure.