Recording MIDI pattern from Digitone sequences

Hey! So I am able to pickup the midi for anything I play live as I record my digitone tracks, but as soon as I try to record the already built patterns I designed with trigs on the elektron sequencer, there is nothing transmitted or picked up in ableton. I am able to get patterns from the OT to record (external gear) but I can not find a workaround to record the patterns I built ON the Digitone Keys its’ self. I suppose if I start with recording patterns within Ableton that is fine, but it kind of segregates the two sequencers in a way I would like to find a workaround for (If possible) I have re-read the manual and attempted many troubleshooting techniques within my midi/audio routing setup within ableton 10 but I still have come up empty handed. Does anyone here have any leads or solutions for this? I would imagine that others have attempted and encountered this before. I would not be surprised if it is just not a complex workaround and maybe I am simply missing something.
Much love.

1 Like

yeah i need export/import midi to and from DN function too lol

You can record notes into the digitone tracks but only the midi tracks send midi data out. copy the notes in the tracks to the midi tracks to send it out, only the analog 4/Rytm send midi directly from the actual tracks since last update,

1 Like

this helps me thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Keys also transmit MIDI data if you intend to record your Live playing.

TRIG KEY DEST controls whether the [TRIG] keys sends MIDI data or not. When set to INT, the [TRIG] keys only affect the Digitone Keys and sends no MIDI data. When set to INT + EXT, the [TRIG] keys affect the Digitone Keys, and also send MIDI data to external devices. When set to EXT, the [TRIG] keys send MIDI data to external devices but do not affect the Digitone Keys.