Recording a Midi Sequence into DAW

Could be interesting to have a whole midi daw project being read by the RYTM which we could edit automation etc. You could maybe also feed the midi daw project a different kit and see what happens :slight_smile: But i guess for now we still have to keep working in recorded audio files.

Hey guys,

IĀ“ve been using overbridge with Ableton for the past years and apart from several small issues I find it very useful and faster for sound design, adding samples, using separate audio tracks and working with a big screen instead the AR MK1 one.

But my question is regarding to the AR sequencer that is one of the most powerful and funniest things of the AR, am I missing some of the magic of the AR working this way? How do you usually work in the studio with the AR?

Do you usually create a sequence in the Rytm and trigger it from Ableton as a master clock? I usually send a midi sequence from Ableton and then I record the audio in separate tracks so I mainly use the Ar as a as a sound source. I find it easier and faster but as I said I feel IĀ“m missing somethingā€¦

It would be great to hear how you start a track from scratchā€¦

I start entirely external building up a complete pattern that sounds good and also getting a feel for which parameters are fun to play with.

Then one by one I feed my tracks into the DAW (Ableton master clock) creating extended versions where I play with the fun parameters I found earlier.

From there itā€™s time to get the digital scissors out.

does the rytm send midi through usb? to like control my daw?