Recorded MIDI patterns are not triggering external synth [resolved]

Hi There! I’ve got an issue where my recorded MIDI patterns aren’t triggering an external synth.

Ive got the Digitakt out> Roland SH01A in (both CHan9) (which i want to be playing the MIDI patterns) with a Juno out > Digitakt in (AutoChan14) just for playing in the MIDI patterns. pretty simple.

The Digitakt audibly triggers the SH01A whilst in chromatic mode, normal trig mode and via the Juno – and all these methods successfully record the MIDI trigs. (btw The Digitakt also sync’s up fine with the SH01A’s onboard sequencer)

i see all the trigs there - the MIDI just isn’t somehow getting through to the SH01A. (ive tested another synth - same thing)

ive be on this for hours … can anyone help?

did you try turning the DT off and back on?

Is the midi track in both global and pattern unmuted? Happens to me more often than I want to admit.

3 Likes

yes, no effect :wink:

this, make sure mutes aren’t engaged

1 Like

just looking this up in the manual - sounds promising

Shiiiieee… :joy::joy::joy: that was the solution. Thankyou Mr Bernard!!!

2 Likes

My pleasure! Took me a bit to get my head around the track mutes… they are actually “trig mutes”… which are really useful in some ways. You’re always able to play in chromatic mode regardless of that track being muted.

yeah i guess in my head track mutes were good for beats/drums and being that i’ll use MIDI for melody lines - i didn’t consider muting as a need and looked over it in the troubleshooting! i guess muting a line for some live improv comes to mind as one use. ~ thanks again :wink: my night is rolling again…

And just trigger samples, which I recently discovered to my delight :slight_smile:

1 Like

omfg thank you, this was my issue :joy:

1 Like

I applaud your forum searching skills!!!

1 Like