Record the processed audio with analog heat mk2

Hi. Been digging my Analog Heat mkii but I have a question, help greatly appreciated! How can I process the signal that comes to analog in and then record that processed signal. I can use it as an audio interface in Ableton Live and record audio, but that audio is not passed through the effects. None of the audio routings seem to be doing that and the manual is super vague on the subject.

Cheers!

Can’t you add the Heat as a plugin on your track in Ableton ?

1 Like

I can. But that would mean one extra da/ad conversion round and i’d rather avoid that

No, when you are using the AH as a sound card the audio is going into your computer through usb. Then when it is in your DAW it’s all digital.

I understand it’s digital inside the DAW but with the Heat as a plugin, isn’t the audio signal passing through its analog circuit, meaning audio conversion ?

Interesting question. At some point you want the audio to be processed by the AH. You should just try it.

I think there are some misunderstandings here. So my point was, I have an external source connected to analog in of the AH, i want to first process the signal using the analog circuit and then record it using AH as the audio interface.

When you use the AH as a plugin in your DAW in overbridge mode, it does DA conversion -> run it through the analog circuit -> AD conversion -> back to the DAW. In my case I dont want or need to do DA conversion, my source is already analog.

When you take a look at the audio routing diagram in the manual, you can see that you need to choose the IN option (in audio routing) so the Analog IN pass through the FX, but you would have to use the Overbridge plugin, not the audio interface, as this one bypass completely the effect.

I’m not sure if this can work though, having your audio with FX going to your DAW, via FX return, you’ll have to try it.

1 Like