Record length changing "randomly"

I’ll give another look.
You can also use Flex Recorders, but the problem is monitoring. Solutions with a Pickup + Flex, Thru track + Flex, or playing recordings while recording in Flex.

What are your recording sources / material?

I have a stereo mix send from my desk going into 1/2, which I send various things like chimes/rattles from a mic, guitar, hangdrum and Kalimba. I then have a Blofeld going into 3/4.

Tracks 1-3 record my desk from inputs 1/2, track 4 is reserved for layering Blofeld sounds.

tracks 5-7 mangle recordings from 1-3 as I’ve got random slices on the grid, which is ace to jitter what is looping normally from the pickups.

It’s just that darn track 3 that is tripping me up

PS, monitoring is no problem in my case here, I just make sure the sounds I use work before the gig

Maybe a bug, same for me, investigations needed.
I’m on MKI, 1.31.

There’s something weird in your picture.
Top and bottom pixels? Master and slave?
:thinking:
I noticed the same behavior.
Edit : for several tracks actually.

LEN off, it shouldn’t be slaved.

If master Pickup is stopped, another Pickup can become master. Not the case with T3, which become master AND slave!

Maybe a workaround is T3 as master…or a Flex instead.

There are some known bugs with OT, usually it’s not random.

Made some other tests, hard to tell what is the normal behavior, the dual dots I didn’t know seem to appear on all Pickups except master. It appears when master is stopped. As a secondary master.

Are these dual dots in the manual?

Ok. I think it is just a display bug. Once a track has been slaved, the bottom dot remains, even if it is master or not slaved (LEN=off).

I couldn’t reproduce your issue. All tracks seems to behave similarly. Btw I don’t remember any known bug on a specific track only with OT.

Please try again with a new project, and pay attention to what you change if it behaves like that again (weird record lengths as 512).

I hadn’t noticed the double dot symbol, I think it was showing off for the camera. It was definately a single “lower” dot to begin with. Maybe it is a bug, which is a BUGger (excuse the pun)! :slight_smile:

I’m unsure what OS I’m on so touch wood firmware will fix it (if it is a bug)

It’s good to know it can be reproduced so thanks for having a play. I don’t really need any of them to be master or slave as I just want them to use the OT clock. I also make sure LEN is off on each Pickup though have tried it with and without. I did also start a fresh project and set it up the same, giving the same problem, I did this a few times, adding T3 last in one instance, adding it first, or adding it in the middle. Each time it was T3 that acted up and I couldn’t get this issue to hapen on the other tracks. Very strange! From setting up a new project, the “dot” appears on T3 everytime, not on the other tracks.

I was wondering if there is a deeper config somewhere, that happens prior to loading a project (ie, global setup), maybe not but I’m thinking outside the box

PS, ELEKTRON, you listening?