Record 'drum trigs' in Multimap mode?

I suppose it’s possible to use the midi lfo’s too as 3th lfo for the audio tracks too

On digitone keys, you can just record it in, i have only tried in real time record though, but if you set up different sounds on the keys you can definitely hit record and record the different sounds into the sequencer…
Maybe a good reason to have the keys then…
That sucks you have to loop midi for it to work on the regular digitone…

That’s a great idea!! I wonder, couldn’t you just make the sequence really long with the time devisions, like as long as a song, then record the pattern trigs in real time? I’m not able to check right now, I’m at work… But it seems like you could. I know it won’t let you play two patterns at once because i tried.

Could you explain how this works? I can record multimap soundpool sounds into the sequencer, but i can’t record pattern start events… How are you doing that?

I’m not sure if it’s possible in live recording mode, I use it with grid recording mode.

and it’s possible without automap, as the DT receive pattern trig on channel 16

for example on pattern 1 you set a midi track to channel 16 and put a note trig D-2 (it correspond to pattern 2) with a conditional lock of 6:8 (so it will repeat the pt.1 6 times before triggering the pt.2) and then in pt.2 you can put a midi note E-2 (pattern4) with a conditional lock of 2:8 (so it will repeat the pt.2 2 times before triggering the pt.4) and so on
it’s like follow action on ableton or chains saving

and you can do the same with automap and PAT.PLAY so it give you more setup possibilities, and for using this midi track to trig other things than just patterns

2 Likes

Man your really smart to think up this!! That’s really incredible! Thanks, makes sense.

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t take them 10 years to implement it as as it was the case with octatrack. Live recording of the multi map is nice but the ability to place a trig and sound lock it from midi is a different story. I am surprised no one else but you mentioned that flaw.
In general I am surprised that electron don’t apply the same key features between their products.

1 Like