Record buffer bug workaround

Hello.

Let me preface this by saying I know it’s been discussed before, however I can’t find the thread, so please move to the appropriate area.

I would like to know if there’s a workaround for this?

When clearing a record buffer, you are then unable to hear a track, unless you go into the sample menu.

Thanks

Anyone?

you save then reload the project

2 Likes

Thanks. So there’s no way it can be resolved during a performance? Unless you do the AED menu workaround.

probably not - but maybe you don’t need to clear a buffer?

I mean you probs have your reasons but seems there’s usually a workaround (assign playback to a blank slot temporarily, don’t play the buffer until it has what you want in it, select and silence the contents with the editor… all depends on your usage)

1 Like

Not sure to understand. Just made a test. Played a track, cleared the buffer in AED or Rec Setup > still hearing the track (Flex or Static samples).

When you modify Memory Config, no more Statics. Other way without saving : go in Card Tools > File Manager

When you select rec3 and choose clear buffer, the recording is cleared but the sample won’t play unless you hit AED.

im also a bit confused by the problem.

so if you’ve got the buffer recorded you’re also playing back the buffer, right?

otherwise you have a sample set there and it would be playing the sample. it’s either playing the buffer or a sample… right? not both. one or the other.

and then why are you trying to clear the buffer versus recording over the buffer?

what’s your end game for clearing the buffer?

1 Like

Yeah.

What is the sample? If it’s a cleared recording, obviously it won’t play. If it’s a Flex or Static sample, it should play.

Sometimes when recording into a flex machine, the record buffer will act a bit funky- not recording for 64 steps for example.

In order to get the flex to record the amount of steps I’ve put in, the buffer needs to be cleared
When clearing the buffer via rec3, any samples loaded into the other tracks (static machine) will not play any audio, unless you go into the AED menu.

What is that menu? (MKI user)
Rec Edit > File > Clear slot?
I used that clear slot and my Static was still playing.

I don’t see why you’d need to clear the record buffer to record again. Pickups?
Also check why you can’t record the right amount of steps, it should work.