Record AR via USB and Overbridge with Cubase 9

Hi everyone,

I struggle to record all 8 channels via Overbridge in Cubase 9.
I can see and hear all the channels in Cubase on 8 tracks, but I can’t record them.

I guess it might be very easy, but I can’t find the correct settings.
(maybe a setting in the VST-Instruments …?)

I would be very pleased if anyone could help me out.

Many thanks so far
Tore

If it’s anything like Cubase 7, it’s a massive faff. With your 8 AR voice tracks already in the Cubase mixer…

• Create a group track for each of your voice tracks.

• Route each voice track to a group track.

• Create a mono audio track for each group track

• Route each group track to an audio track. Make sure each group track is not routed to the stereo output

• press the monitor button on each audio track to hear that voice from the AR.

Ive built this setup as a default project in Cubase. I keep the AR voice tracks and then group tracks hidden. I do all processing, fx routing etc on the audio tracks just to keep things neat. The only thing to be careful of is that you’re only routing the audio tracks to the stereo output in Cubase. If you also route the voice channels or the group channels to the stereo output, that voice will be routed to the output twice and you’ll get weird phasing or distortion.

Once it is set up once it just works. But yeah, it’s a bit long winded to set up.

You don’t have to create any groups (at least not in 9)
I route my A4/Rytm channels directly to individual audio tracks.
Though not sure if it is still true but you need Cubase Pro for that.

Ah, good news for the OP then. Yeah, you definitely can’t route a virtual instrument channel directly to an audio channel in Cubase 7. It has to go through a group channel first. Madness, but it’s just how it seems to work.

I don’t think I ever recorder VSTi to separate channel now that I am thinking.
I use plugins live in the vsti channel and just dump it to stereo that way.
I’ll try it when I’m home.

Thanks EasternNoise and TerryFalafel
I guess my problem is Cubase AI, since this hasn’t the functionality… :frowning:

I will buy a better Cubase version or will change to Ableton Live.

Thanks a lot!!!