Recommendations for UK online sellers of hardware

Hi,

I’m looking to get hold of a Digitakt upon release and also hoping to put down a pre-order to secure a unit.

Does anyone have recommendations for decent UK online sellers?. I purchased from Dawsons a few years back and they seemed pretty good.

cheers

Sam

Juno seem pretty good. Normally they’ll shave a little off the price and they’re very flexible about returns. My AK needs to go back at some point cos the screen has issues, they’ve said I can keep it as long as I need to finish current projects first.

Gak have always been good in the past too.

I’d maybe avoid Guitar Guitar. Had a few years of no problems with them but my Op1 purchase was a joke. Took them so long to get me a functioning unit after mine arrived faulty. Had to chase them up a LOT before they even confirmed there was a problem and it even got sent back to TE. Could have just been a bad employee/one off I guess tho. No issues with them before that.

I mainly use Juno.co.uk & GAK, but I’ve also started using Andertons, and they’ve been great. They’ve been happy to price match, good with returns and they offer loyalty points too. I tend to find Juno seems to get the things I want quicker. I no longer use DV247 as on 2 consecutive occasions it seemed I was sent used equipment, sold as new. I’m also weary of other companies that appear to be in the UK but keep stock in Europe.

Red Dog Music for me. They are my “local” store (despite Falkirk being like 30 miles from Edinburgh). Great guys to deal with. I’m sure Cenk mentioned before that he worked in the Edinburgh store for a while so must be good right?!

They are very quick to respond to questions, will do their best to match prices and offer some good credit terms. All good to me!

Yeah I also had something that was obviously a customer return or b-stock sent to me when I ordered new from DV247. When I complained they offered me the choice of returning it for a refund or a discount on what I paid. But it does seem to be something they try to get away with doing from time to time.

Juno, Absolute Music, Rubadub all good. Thomman are good too - not U.K. based but may as well be.

DV247 are a joke.

I’m a really calm bloke and it takes a lot to wind me up, but a sales rep from DV247 made me explode with rage. I ended up shouting down the phone calling him a C***t.

Not proud of that, but I was so shocked at his attitude.

1 Like

gear4music are decent - I bought my AK from them, and juno are pretty cheap sometimes (the AK is less than a grand there now, cheaper than the A4!)

Guitarguitar are over priced IMO

Thanks for all of the replies. I had heard good things about Juno and GAK in the past, so will definitely think about the pre-orders with them once we get a definite price/launch date on the Digitakt.

Music Matter, red dog, Andertons - all open to negotiation on price.

Give them a list. And they will come back with the best price. I’ve saved a fair amount of cash with each of the mentioned above, over the years

i use Andertons and gear4music.
Both have no quibble returns which I can attest to, and much faster delivery than thomann (Im in Ireland n they deliver in 3 days as opposed to Thomann’s a week or more).
I use thomann a lot too.

I got Octatrack from Andertons. Swear it was used but sold as new. No sticker on screen. It was even a little scuffed, box contents also a little messed up. Wasn’t complaining too much because was a good price, but still.

Usually go Juno. Remember always click the ‘email me best price button’ they always shave a bit extra off.

Gear for music also good.

The GAK site is buggy. Search for the product rather than browse categories!

G

When I ordered some euro modules from RubaDub I asked for a better price and they send me a 10% discount voucher on the spot.
And there was no hassle when I returned 1 module(I thought it was a audio mixer but it was CV only) and the money was back on my PP soon after. Very good experience and would recommend them.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Juno actually take pre orders. I don’t recall seeing anything on the website, but perhaps you can if you speak with them.

That’s intriguing re: DV247 - did you ever chase them up about this/complain? As I purchased an Intellijel eurorack module from them, and I later discovered it had a fault. Spoke to Intellijel and they said that the panel was a very old design which was always suspicious to me

juna gave a small discount when i bought 0-coast but ive bought from gear4music , absolute , thomann and westenddj which have all been fine

I got an Octatrack, A4 and a Machinedrum SPS1 UW+MkII from Guitar Guitar the Machinedrum had to be returned to Elektron twice but I cant fault Guitar Guitar their comunication and price was great I would recomend them. I also bought a Rytm from SXPro which looked like it was a return, their communication was rubbish I couldn’t recommend them.

I second any good things said about Juno and Rubadub.

However I tend to use Dawsons as there is one near where I live. Having a physical place close can be handy (no shipping for returns, etc).

Also not a DV247 fan for reasons echoed above.

Red dog