Recommendations for budget mixer?

I had no idea it could be battery powered! Wow thanks!

I had no idea it could be battery powered! Wow thanks![/quote]
nnniice! :joy:

Seriously a great compact mixer. About the smallest you’ll find with faders. No complaints on the sound quality. I keep mine rigged up in the studio now and have it tied right into my patchbay. Nice connectivity too. even has extra 1/8" in and an 1/8" out, great for a Volca. or sending to a 2nd set of unbalanced powered speakers.
Had it not been a freebie, I would have no complaints paying $150-$200 for it.

the hunt is open :slight_smile:

just missed one on ebay…who bought it?! :alien: i know someone of you here did :smiley: …ach, will need to search for another one. they seem to be pretty difficult to find…

I just reconfigured my live setup and decided to not compress all my gear inside the Rytm, and use a mixer with a bus compressor instead. This means I will be relying on the RQ200 a bit more heavily now, at least for the gigs I don’t have to use air travel for.

Turns out the Monitor send is pre fader/pre EQ, so can be used as a PFL cue if needed (though not stereo).
Going to use the Aux send to go through an Arion MEQ-2 bass EQ pedal to create a filtered side chain input for my master buss compressor.

Glad I kept this old board. The sound is Soundcraft clean for a good price.
Just need to order some new fader caps.

Based on this discussion I just got one of these for 20 clams on eBay (that’s right, 19.95 in fact!). Been looking for a small format with faders for a while and this is just perfect for my limited space, and travelling ( can also run on 2 9v batteries!). Surprisingly more flexible in the I/o dept than I was expecting too - so bonus, and at this price it was a steal.

There were quite a few going cheap on eBay in the last couple of days, and this one is in perfect nick cosmetically and sounds very clean so far.

Thanks for the rec - saved me a few hundred quid :slight_smile:

Was probably me :slight_smile:

Nice one!
I just picked up a $2 mono TS 1/4" male to stereo 1/8" female headphone adapter.
Now the monitor sends work as mono Pre fade listen knobs, summing to mono and in to both sides of my headphones.

This little mixer had everything I want. Glad I held on to it. Had it at work for the last two years as an inline fader and EQ for spotify/rdio. Ha!

Yeah that’s what I call bonus time - I’ll be doing the exact same thing - I’m sure I’ve got one of those adapters lying around already.
Any gotchas with this mixer? Based on your usage? I know it’s not complicated or anything… :slight_smile: It’s a splitter cable for the effects right? I literally just picked it up from the post office and am looking at the online manual. Those mini stereo io’s are gonna be useful too.

Was probably me :)[/quote]
aaaaaaaa!! :smiley:
it isn’t easy to find these…and seems like they’re going up in price :expressionless: (already?! :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
the one you got went for really cheap (if is the same i was looking at)
kind of thinking about the Mix5 again though…thinking about reliability of an older piece of gear over a new one…mmm…always the same for me: takes me ages to decide and when i’m ready, the thing isn’t there anymore or it got way too expensive

Yeah I got mine on eBay UK for 19.95 :slight_smile:

I’m seeing another 3 at between 50 and 150 still advertised…

Mine was a bit of a punt as it was “untested” by the seller - glad I took the gamble now :slight_smile:

…and looking at alternatives (starting from the lowest price):

http://www.thomann.de/de/behringer_ub1202_eurorack_kleinmixer.htm

(apologies for the long list…)

i know it’s pretty much behringer stuff, but seems like thomann has only them in that price range.
almost all of them have knobs instead of faders, apart from the 1002B and the Rolls, which doesn’t look bad; actually, it would probably be almost enough for what i need…suggestions? any experience with behringer mixers?

all the behringers have low/mid/high settings

that’s ok then, no hard feelings :smiley: the one i was looking for was on eBay DE, went for around €12 but had €20 of shipping costs
yeah, it’s a gamble sometimes on ebay, glad to hear you got a working one :+1:

Check out this guy - great hardware jams and the Rolls is his mixer

P.s. It’s been said before - but that Volca kick really thumps right?

More Rolls - love this jam

Yeah that’s what I call bonus time - I’ll be doing the exact same thing - I’m sure I’ve got one of those adapters lying around already.
Any gotchas with this mixer? Based on your usage? I know it’s not complicated or anything… :slight_smile: It’s a splitter cable for the effects right? I literally just picked it up from the post office and am looking at the online manual. Those mini stereo io’s are gonna be useful too.[/quote]
The fx send is summed mono, post fader, and I believe post eq.
Great to send to fx pedals. Then use a channel as a mono or stereo return.
I use it going into an EQ pedal for filtering into a compressor side chain input. Though I could use one of the many main outs for that as well.
Channel 6 is great for Volcas or other unbalanced gear.

Haha, cool vid. This is what I call ‘minimal’.

FYI, the Mackie PROFX8 is roughly the same size as the Peavey RQ200, it’s just more of a portrait orientation rather than a wide landscape.
Mackie is 3.58" x 11.41" x 14.05"
Peavey is [font=ArialMT+1]3" x 13.875: x 10"

[font=ArialMT+1]Plus with the PROFX8 you get mutes, 3 band EQs, FX, and a master graphic EQ. Otherwise, they are very similarly spec’d, faders and all.

v1’s got marked down to $179 USD over here as the v2’s just came in. From the photos, the v2’s look a bit cheaper in construction. They seem to be a far cry from the build of CFX series, which sadly never came in anything smaller than the CFX12.
Behringer really put Mackie in their sites years back, and it appears they’re both in a race to the bottom now. One great thing about the Peavey is it is built like a tank.