Recommend me some experimental techno/dub labels

Yeah, they absolutely have. I occasionally still check in on their new releases, but its often a let down. I got a soft stuff for a lot of the old stuff though

Maybe not as heavy hitting as the OP’s taste, but I stumbled across low orbit satellite at one point, Russian tech, a nice mix and long catalogue of enjoyable cheap ep’s and full length. Cross quite a few genres actually but you can find the suffocating stuff if u dig :slight_smile: I bought them all lol

That Mugwump Tea Room track is disgusting. Like getting thrown in biblical size waves whilst tied to a door on ketamine.

First off @DoS cheers much for this post! Will be digging into this for time! Second woah I had no clue that the bug was in godflesh. Techno animal’s brotherhood of the bomb was a proper eye opener for me, that track with anti pop consortium is a beasttt, carved open all this space in my head. So glad I got to see Zonal!

Linking back to Vatican Shadow who you mentioned earlier @LouisLingg, the first work of Fernow’s I came across was the Prurient split with JK flesh (another Justin Broadrick project) on Hydrahead records. Worth mentioning the Bug / Dylan Carlson collab as well, that was huge! Wish there’d been more stuff like BOA on the record, though. Point is, Martin and Broadrick really get around, both titanic veterans in this game.

Just checked a couple o Roger Robinson tracks from Dog Heart City, new maps hits real hard. I got another label for the pile, fuckpunk records. They put out my no.1 experimental spoken word record:

ASDA - Three tracks

Fuck, I really love this one. That first track is weapons grade, real intense shit. Fuckpunk also the ones responsible for this glorious mess of a video:

1 Like

There’s probably a tonne more I need to dig up. I’d forgotten the Earth/Bug album too. But as far as I know Kevin Martin was never in Godflesh (maybe my sentence construction made it look like it though!)

One of the advantages of living in rural France is that when bands like Godflesh play here they do so in tiny venues compared to the cities. So I a few years back I had the chance to see Godflesh in a 150 or so capacity back room instead of somewhere like The Forum, which is where I saw them previously in London.

Some more recommendations / discoveries:

Ekoplekz has been busy bringing the four-track cassette dirt to dub electronica for a good while:

And Reflektionz found him looking back to the '90s for inspiration (possibly their most accessible album):

Rapoon’s another pioneer, having been mangling tape music since the 1980s in Zoviet France etc; Airstrikes is a particularly good album to start with in a huge discography:

Likewise, $hit and $hine bridge the gap between sludge rock and harsh technoid dubs with an ever-expanding collection of releases; here’s one:

And then there’s this, which was one of the odder industrial dub-sized surprises of the year:

And this was the other, where contrasting legends meet.:

Meanwhile, back at the noisy breakbeat / breakcore dub interface is Aaron Spectre / Drumcorps:

Big fan of
Entdecke Bomphcast / Bomphcast Audio auf #SoundCloud

He started turning the Podcast into a label.
Great visual reappearance and sound.

Such a good album! Great guy too. If you can find it, check out his release on the 5lowershop label. It was originally cassette (as all of the early 5lowershop releases were) but its probably been digitized by now.

1 Like