REC, PLAY and STOP start behaving like Copy, Clear and Past

Dear community, newbie here.
sometime, while I’m playing (in PLAY mode), REC, PLAY and STOP start behaving like Copy, Clear and Past, although I’m not pressing FUNC, T1, or other buttons that normally activate this function.
The only way I found to fix it is to switch off and on my Digitone.
It’s a little bit frustrating!

Sounds like a hardware fault. If you can, try TEST MODE from the Startup menu as described in the manual. You will likely need to contact whoever you bought it from to get redress.

thank you!
I tried the test, but “unfortunatelly” (or not?) the test gave no “error” result… my unit seems to work properly under an hardware point of view. actually the keys works, and my digitone problem occurs only sometimes, after minutes of playing. it happened every time while I was in play mode (a sequence was playing, and I couldn’t stop it, because of the problem).

I’m having the same issue. I been babying it and it has NOT done it again yet.

I got into The habit of pressing DOUBLE stop from using the OT. I was doing it on the DIGITONE and I was thinking that might be somehow triggering it. I have since stopped Pressing STOP twice and it hasn’t done it yet. I have been real concious of my moves so I can pinpoint exactly what might be triggering this.

what OS are you on?
I got that randomly when using the previous OS. I haven’t gotten it with the most up to date one thus far.

Since I have DL the new OS, I have NOT had an issue. So, hopefully this NEVER happens again.

Thank you all, I’ve the last OS (1.02). Sometimes I press STOP twice too, but it should be a normal feature of the digitone (stop twice means stop ol the sounds): neverthless I didn’t notice if the problem happens when I push stop twice, but I’m pretty sure that sometimes I pressed it twice and I had no problem with the digitone.
Wilbur… what do you mean with “babying”? sorry I’m not english and my engilsh is far to be good :slight_smile:

ok sorry for my very bad english… I shot the problem. and I’m saaaad, although I really love my digitone!

2 Likes

Yeah man, That’s IT. Mine does the same thing. Definitely some type of BUG or problem with certain units. Yes, I love my Digitone too but this should NOT be happening.

BTW: babying means, going really slow with the thing, taking time, being conscious of the moves I make, NOT pressing too many buttons at once.

Hopefully this gets ironed out. Its very frustrating.

What’s gonna happen IF I’m playing LIVE somewhere and this happens? I’m gonna look like a damn fool.

1 Like

Have you tried factory reset? I have two digis and neither have this issue but I have read a couple other users having the same issue. Bummer, sorry. Unfortunately you’re probably going to have to send it in/back if factory reset doesn’t work. I think subconsciously thats one of the reasons why I have two, in case I ever have to send one in

1 Like

Are any of the other func+ combos working differently whilst this is happening or is it just the rec, play and stop that are using their secondary function?.

I have NOT factory reset, I must admit.

IF it does it again I will.

After that, I’m sending mine off. I need my DTone 100%

Me neither, but I’ll try to do it ASAP (I’m not with my digitone right now).
As far as I see my unit works properly with the other function, but the next time it happens (if the factory reset doesn’t work) I’ll check if the secondary function of the knobs are always ON.

anyway THANK YOU ALL!

1 Like

This happened to me yesterday. First bug I’ve encountered (a boot error due to me switching it off/on too quickly doesn’t count).
Happened after I had recorded on a track from external keyboard (which I do all the time).
Switching it off and back on again seems to have solved(?) it since it has been running for hours without it reoccurring.
Seems a bit random, which’ll make it harder for them to find and sort I guess. :frowning:

Yeah, I was going from the KORG ES2 controlling the time to the DTone and it did it. I don’t much know IF that contributed. For real, I was double tapping the DTone and KORG ES2
And thought that was doing it and have since stopped double tapping since the last time it happened, I have not experienced it again.

I have probably just been lucky but I’ll take it.
It’s weird. Like I said earlier, I have been real cognizant of my moves on the DTone since the last time it happened but I should NOT have to baby The thing.

Sometimes the function keys seems to be enabled even though I’m not pressing it. Seems to go away if I just tap function again. Havnt figured out why it happens, it’s happened maybe twice since I got it about 2 months ago