Reasonably priced or free video art software - and where to start?

Like 6000 miles out of my comfort zone…:cold_face:

Yea Syphon is really everywhere on Mac and … there are so much tools out there,… . . Difficult to focus when starting out, but I made it easy for myself by just picking something to get started and got some great help from @clrcdd to get going with VDMX5. Happy for now with this, also diving into cinematography it feels good to have a break from music making and gear pron. :totes:

I think that one is discontinued. All links are :skull_and_crossbones:

There’s also an excellent series of max objects that ties most ableton parameters to potential visual cross-use. Super powerful. it’s called TD ableton. Here’s the teaching:

2 Likes

yeah it seems so, thats a pity

look interesting.
you can do all that in touchdesigner as well with glsl nodes.

glsl in touchdesigner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtf0hN66CY

btw. i did a complete midi mapping for DT an DN in touch.
link
if your interested, drop me a pm;

Thanks for this. I am going to spend some time with Lumen this weekend and make some minimal videos for my dubby tunes.

1 Like

Have been noodling with K-Machine a bit (using an old track of mine as a guinea pig)

1 Like

Hardware demo I believe but the synthesis is the same on soft I reckon.

1 Like

Signal Culture Maelstrom and ReScan I think are pretty cool, basic but only like $20 a pop. They have other apps too. I used them to make this:

1 Like

Still searching :slight_smile:

Loved Ebosuite, but it’s too intense for my cpu/gpu

Now I stumbled over this one. Rokvid for Ableton (19€):

I finally spent the time to get to know touch designer a bit… really really cool software. Basically feels like it does everything I wished aftereffects did. Still need to work on dividing up the audio range into useful animation parameters. Here’s a link to a little demo of what I have got so far after about 5 hours of tutorial watching.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COCLrQYhMOg/?igshid=128xw5poc8q1f

hmm… Instagram has put a fence around your art. Can’t see it… :frowning:

Huh that’s annoying… but typical uploaded it on YouTube for better sharing.

1 Like