Reason + VST

Thought this is big enough to get its own thread…

For me it means Reaktor and Reason together at last!!

4 Likes

That’s a long requested one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice to see my favourite processing plugs haven’t been money wasted either

1 Like

Overbridge in Reason? Yay!!! I can’t wait for this.

No kidding, like 17 years long!

2 Likes

So, is it confirmed that Overbridge is running in Reason? If yes then my dream came true.

2 Likes

Please Elektron make this happend. It would be great to have overbridge cv controlled. Flip the Rack an just plug cv into the A4. In combination with Modular :heart_eyes:

Not confirmed yet, as Reason 9.5 is in Beta but if Overbridge conforms to VST 2.4 standards (does anyone know if it does?) then it should work.

Incredible news. Wow. Yeah, talk about a long time coming. Used Reason since, what 2001 or so? Good lord. Now if only they’d make the interface/graphics scale. My old-ish eyes can’t take it anymore.

1 Like

My question is are you guys synching your elektron gear with reason? I am sure yes, but how is using program change to switch patterns in the hardware from reason? Does it work fairly simply?
Also are you guys using blocks in the reason sequencer? Are you able to send pc messages from the blocks?
At this point I am trying to figure out a workflow for using reason as my daw, so any info on using it with octatrack and a4 and hopefully soon digitakt.
Lastly is anyone using the nektar panorama controller? Any good with the mixer in reason? Any other good mixer controllers anyone would recommend for reason?
Cheers

overall the panorama (the p6 in my case) is the best reason midi controller.
regarding mixing it depends what you need and what you expect from a mixer. just bear in mind that the 9 faders are not motorized. the p6 has besides the 9 non-motorized faders 1 special motirized fader. if you switch between the tracks the fader jumps to the current level position of the track.
but with the panorama it is very easy and intuitive to change the mixers EQ parameters, compressor, etc.
i would recommend the panorma, but i am using it rather for synth parameters and recording and not so much for mixing.

if you want motorized faders maybe the behringer bcf2000 is for you?
it is chunky and ugly, but cheap and does its job.

1 Like

it’s already possible with the help of VST https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/ and Loopback from rogue amoeba

For now Reason 9.5 is in public beta i asking them to participate no news for now… but as it will be release in end of May i doubt to access it. Btw it will be a free upgrade for Reason 9 users. I will let people know how it goes when I have my hands on it :wink:

Coming on May 29th, Reason 9.5 is a free update to Reason 9.

1 Like

I don’t get it.
All I was asking is how using blocks in the sequencer works out for people using program changes to change their patterns on elektron gear.
I know how to use midi sync and I have no idea what that plugin would be for in this case

ok I just see one question mark at each sentences so I though I was multiple question :wink:

Np, I think I figured it out. Just gotta set pc message in an external midi instrument in each block for the pattern in the octatrack.
Gonna have to try this when I get home.
Anyone actually using this this way?

Has anyone tried overbridge in the beta version of reason? Very curious. I quit using reason at version 5, but now with vst support its suddenly interesting again.

And how about recording multiple midichannels at once? Is that possible in the current version?

1 Like

Suscribe for beta but have no news… so as it will be released very soon, i will test and post here if it’s work. If someone have access to the beta please let us know if OB Working

same here. i am still waiting for the invite. as soon as i get, i will test overbridge.

1 Like

Regarding the release date i have the feeling we don’t get anything :grin: