Reason User Thinking About Hopping on This Cubase 50% Sale to Better Use Overbridge

Happy w Overbridge performance in Cubase or should I be looking at a different DAW?

I’ve never had any reason to use anything other than Reaper, tbh… at least for multitrack recording.

Use Reason today because 2009 MacBook Pro (upgrading soon) - have not delved into Ableton yet because I also like to record vocals

Yah, i found overbridge to be unusable with reason even with a brand new pc build. Apparently it’s something to do with reason’s vst implementation that should be fixed in the next update whenever that is.

Tried it with cubase AI and it worked perfectly. Only problem is that AI has crippled routing and i couldn’t take full advantage of OB like i was hoping. Full version of cubase shouldn’t be a problem.

But I’ve heard cubase can be a bit of a resource hog, so i wouldn’t go spending $$ unless certain the system could run it.

I’m a Mac Cubase user and have been since Cubase SX2 and I use Live for anything Overbridge related. It just works better.

1 Like

I record vocals (and other acoustic stuff) all the time using Ableton Live. That shouldn’t hold you back.

(Also a little bit curious where your statement/opinion is stemming from)

1 Like

What do you want to achieve with Overbridge in Cubase / what is so important to make you want to switch DAWs?

Agreed; I find Live to be incredibly competent for all purposes.

2 Likes

The only thing I use cubase for is VCA groups and metering. Everything else can be done in live. I think k-mix has the metering covered if you need a plug-in for that.

I do almost everything else in live. Im sure there’s a way of doing VCA groups in live but I’m just lazy and I wanted to blow my money on cubase.

I’ve been a live user since 5. You can write songs then and you can write songs now.

1 Like

Truer words have never been spoken. :heart: conquers all.

6 Likes

Hahaha. Thanks for catching my mistake. I’ve been spending my holiday in Bordeaux and I’ve been enjoying the grape juice and typing in français on my iPhone which messes up my English suggested words. Which reminds me there is a synth store here I need to check out. I need to see if they will give me a VAT tax break because I’m a foreigner.

It wouldn’t be Overbridge that’d turn my head. Cubase 10 appears to have a lot of nifty features that Live lacks or has poorly implemented (MPE for a start…).

I had no idea there was a sale on just now. Wish Live 10.1 would hurry up so I can check out the new stuff - suppose I could just try the beta - as I’ve been considering a more “traditional” DAW to sit alongside Live. At this sort of price it makes you think twice about Logic