Reason and Overbridge - Digital in?

Just ordered my A4/Rytm and super excited.

I used reason as a daw sometimes and I am wondering if overbridge (it it’s capacity as an audio interface) allows me to digitally record the digital audio inputs eg diffrdrent synth lines from the A4.

of course I am aware the VST patch editor would not work, but it occurs to me that digital audio in might with overbridge running in the background

Keen to hear thoughts

Reason next update, 9.5 will add support for VST

YESSSS!!!

just do be clear does that mean overbridge will work in reason?

1 Like

I haven’t really jumped on the overbridge bandwagon yet because I’m a reason user. I’m quite excited for the possibilities of r9.5.
I’ve heard that overbridge is not quite stable in Logic. This has me a little bit worried.

Can anyone with more overbridge experience share some information?

Man, this is so good news. Was already pondering how to integrate it and now that part is a no brainer.
Pretty sure Digitakt will integrate into Reason exceptionally well
The two will make a nice swedish pair i think…

1 Like

Nice work, thanks for posting - any idea what the latency is ( subject to your specific DAW settings)? Just wondering how playable it all feels when using Reason & Overbridge.

For the settings Buffer audio at 64 and Margin safety at 50 works well… Latency is the same with this settings to Ableton Live… (i think Bitwig handle this better on tightness)

For now i get 26ms But for Drums, in reason Audio Quantize slices make a great job.

I saw this and got very excited! I’ve come back to Reason after years off, and just installed Overbridge for my Analog Keys.

Unfortunately whatever buffer settings I seem to pick, I get a crazy noise which sounds like a fax/modem! I’m using a Scarlett 6i6, and it doesn’t seem to matter what buffer I use on that either. Did you have any problems with the sound?

Managed to get it working fine in Cuabse, just in Reason the sound comes out like a modem having a fit!

hi @Nymphomation did you ever get this sorted? I am having exactly the same problem with Reason

I can’t help regarding Analog Four for Now… (i sold it and wait for MKII)
But Analog RYTM working nicely for me under Reason 9.5

Nope, gave up :frowning:

Hopefully an update will sort it out… Funny isn’t it though; these two pioneering Swedish should be a perfect marriage!

Any luck? I’m having a similar problem. I’m using a focusrite 18i6 interface. In Reason, I can’t get 128, 256, or 512 buffer sizes with the focusrite. I get 240, or 273.
No matter what I do, i can’t get sound from the AR. I’m running Win 7, Reason 9.5, 8gb Ram, i7 cpu(i7-4790). I’ve installed latest version of overbridge and AR OS. I’m wondering if there is an incompatibility with Focusrite interfaces.

Anybody else using Focusrite interfaces on a PC with Reason that have gotten overbridge to work?

Hi there,

I’m having the exact same problems (or even more) when using OB with Reason. I’ve got an AR with OB that worked perfectly in Reason 9.5 until I’ve got the AH with the intention to use it also as a VST effect through OB, so I can apply it in different instruments in Reason as I deem fit. Seemed like a a good idea, but OB with AH is highly unstable: I’ve got a significant latency + digital noise and, when using it as insert effect, I’ve got dry signal + wet (double sound). I’ve followed the manual, got the latest update, try diferent buffer size, try even using the AR and/or the AH as external sound processor (aggregate device with my Zoom24) and plug directly both AR and AH without any HUB directly into my iMac (late 2014) with Sierra.

Thing is for me the fact you can use AH as insert effect in Reason was the trigger to decide to purchase it. Am I missing something? Do I need the (expensive) Overbridge USB Hub even when I’m plugin directly the device without any USB hub?