Reason 12 is coming... GOTcha

I don’t think there is a daw like that. Either you get two screens or just do things in multiple passes.

Pass one : write out your sequences and bounce them to audio tracks.

Pass two: sequence it out and mix in a multi track session .

Pass three: rewrite sequences that don’t work out.

Pass four: repeat

Studio One is probably the best single screen DAW.

If you are only a little familiar with general concepts of how music gear works, it’s a breeze to learn and to get creative due to its realistic gui. Just tweak those knobs & plug these cables! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has no one mentioned being able to use the Noise Engineering REs “anywhere” now?

That would be another reason to check out, uuuh, Reason!

2 Likes

I really don’t see how this update could have any value for a Reason user using only Reason.
Why would I need to use Reason inside Ableton ? I really don’t get it.

1 Like

Thats right, it has no purpose for a reason only person…but from a business perspective it makes so much sense.
Its like omnisphere 2.6 adapating to many new hardware synths. By combining an existing product with an esrablished user base there is a possibility of selling software.

Reason, i sure don’t want to mess with rewire or using reason standalone, but to use it as a plugin in my daily driver well that’s a whole different ball game,

…they will sell to new users and hold a ripe carrot for existing licence holders by doing this. Smart move

3 Likes

Upgrade path to Reason Studio is $249 which includes extra REs.

Since I am definitely interested in complex-1 ($99) and the polystep sequencer ($69), am curious about Parsec ($119) and would have likely purchased them separately at some point, it would make perfect sense for me to just pay for an upgrade instead - which gives me all of those 3 plus a bunch of other enhancements and toys that I may or may not find useful.

Edit: On top of that, knowing that should i ever decide to switch daws in the future i can take all of the REs with me instead of starting over means I’m more likely to pay for the extra REs now.

6 Likes

Yes there’s popular REs available in the REs format that’s less expensive as their higher version in AU/VST… so it’s a win/win by the Reason Rack (plus you get all Reason stock plugins and there’s really nice as well)

(I would love to get space designer and alchemy as a Logic stock plugin bridge, if Apple do the same… that’s an example)

1 Like

I receive the Beta invitation !
Very cool to try it today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m (for now) very pleased by the stability and the latency… it smells very good quite honestly

I tried in the rack with Parsec and THOR… empile Instruments and you have a MULTI-Instrument directly. CPU 5/9%

It’s cool for me. I will make the update from 10 to 11 clearly.

4 Likes

Have you tried it with overbridge? Hadn’t heard if those vst issues making OB unusable in R10 ever got sorted.

1 Like

no but why I would use OB inside reason rack under Ableton ? :slight_smile:
ah under reason 11 the daw standalone nope I don’t try

1 Like

Yah, was wondering about standalone - waiting/hoping for confirmation before i pickup another elektron box

I can’t tell you for now. I’ve sold everything and will re-buy at some point

2 Likes

No worries - im sure Ill find an answer sooner or later

Kinda stoked for this one. Used Reason from 1.0 to 5.0 and sort of drifted over to Ableton. Still get a bit nostalgic for Reason devices. The sequencer was always clunky for me, except the Blocks feature. Will be great to devices in Ableton. Reason Suite at upgrade price of $249 is a bargain.

However, I must say I am amazed they haven’t made the interface resizable yet. Their longtime users ain’t getting any younger.

2 Likes

Oh shi, thats great!

I’m a die hard reason man. I’ve been working in Reason since version 1 or 2, so it’s really my home as far as DAWs go.

The great thing for me is that back panel. It makes so much sense to me, and allows me to whip up all kinds of wild effects and sounds. I’ve even used it to test concepts for effects pedal design.

That said, I haven’t really been able to make Overbridge work in Reason 10, but that’s not a huge deal for me, as I can just midi-sync the hardware to the computer and record multitracks.

I was also lucky enough to get early access to Complex, and did some preset sound design with it. I ended up writing a bunch of new nasty stuff with the synth before it was public!

So yeah, I’m glad to get some new effects, but the major advantage for me is integration with Logic. I don’t really like Logic for my own creations, but I do need it when writing music to picture. Having my trusty reason devices available for this will be a revelation!

1 Like

i don’t like the quality of the reason stock devices-they sound thin and outdated

1 Like

This is such a great idea! Thats this evenings plans sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like