Reamped drums and trance packs - sample assignment

I bought these two packs. When I load the kits the samples are not loaded to the project. Several sounds make use of the samples. Each pack comes with samples. How do I determine the correct sample to load in each slot? Each kit expects certain samples in specific slots.

There should be an installation document that tells you how to do it.

The instructions load kits, projects, patterns, sounds and globals but not the samples.

I have the Reamped pack and there is a section in the instructions document that states how to load samples. It says you can name your sample directory anything you want. I just names mine Reamped and placed it in the sample directory, works fine.

1 Like

Thank you. I have the samples saved on the RYTM in a reamped directory. My problem has to do with loading sample into the 128 slots in RAM. For example a sound in the kit will be 100% sample based. The synth level is 0 and the sample level is 100. With no samples in RAM the track is silent. Furthermore you can’t load the samples in randomly. Some tracks will want a drum sound or cymbal or something else depending on the loaded kit and pattern being played. Without loading samples in RAM the kits and patterns are not 100%.

Does this help explain the problem?

I just loaded the Syx into my Rytm and all patterns played all sounds with a mixture of both sample and synth sounds. When you loaded the Syx, did you set the Rytm receive Syx to receive any?

1 Like

I tried again. This time I selected the reamped sample folder as the upload location. This mimics following the sample load instructions before the SYSEX dump. It worked. The project load instructions are dependent on sample load instructions in that order.

1 Like