Realtime recording tracks with external instruments

Hi,
I have Digitakt, Prophet rev2 and Sub phatty. Plugged into preamps and then to ADA Converter. Digitakt is sequencing synths.
I recorded just as improv a track and now i need to convert it somehow to multitrack session. What i have is : stereo track from DT, stereo from Rev2 and mono from Sub phatty. It sounds good but you know… Some manipulations would be usefull :slight_smile:
Is there a way to record DT multitrack along with externals realtime? Assuming that i work on PC so agregating is not the option as in Macs. Because i made a lot of stops, pauses, filterings as well as lower probabilities so it is kinda unique as performance. How do You cope with it?
cheers :slight_smile:“P”

I haven’t used the workflow yet but from reading others, it seems that using Overbridge on the PC would allow you to record the 8 tracks from the Digitakt as separate audio tracks by using some internal routing in your DAW.

What audio interface are you using and how many analoge inputs do you have on that audio interface?

For The digitakt you can use overbridge
From my experiences it works very well
And the other benefit of having the 8 audio tracks individual in your daw ,you stil can use your Audio interface and its inputs

So the way to go for you is using overbridge in your daw and to record your other instruments with the inputs of your AI

I can and want to go further in to the details off it, but without knowing wich daw you are using, which AI you have, which mixer etc
Its bit unusefull :wink:

I have 2 x 32 in/out Antelope Orion and 16 preamps i can use them simultaneously.

But to make my Daw (reaper) see the individual inputs from DT I must set it (DT) as audio converter. But then I don’t have externals cause they are put into preamps connected to Orion.

On the other side of I’m to record externals I must set Orion as audio converter but then I have only stereo sum of DT.

I hope it is clear :slight_smile:

Is there a way to avoid it? I couldn’t find solution on the net.

I don’t know how Reaper and the Overbridge plugin work together, but the Overbridge plugin is designed to work in addition to your normal audio interface.

The plugin itself provides all the audio streams of the connected Elektron device(s).

So essentially you “just” need to figure out how to route an audio stream from the Overbridge plugin to a track in Reaper.

There exists already quite a few Reaper+Overbridge threads which may help.

A good starting point is here:

1 Like

Hello,
I just did what you want this morning :slight_smile:
But I did it with Studio One 4, which is officially supported by Overbridge. I don’t know if it will work with Reaper, but the idea is to run your DAW with your soundcard as main interface, then drop the Digitakt VST plugin on a track and if Reaper does multichannel output, you can add the 8 tracks to your virtual mixer from the VST plugin.

Ok. Thank You all for the involvement. I think i’ve naild it :slight_smile:
Anyways…
This post with template for the Reaper was most usefull cause it is just done and like a dish served on the plate. It is in this topic so if You have similar issue this is solution:

So thank You phasingtomsolo

Another thing is: Dear Elektron. Digitakt is SO FANTASTIC! But WHY THE HELL THERE ARE NO FX RETURN CHANNELS!!!

PLEASE!

Fix it

cheers :slight_smile:
Piotrek

1 Like