Really don’t know the first thing about cv? DFAM help please

So here I am trying to use the analog fours cv outs to breath life into the DFAM.
As the title suggests I know fa about cv so I’m totally stuck.
I’ve managed to route a ts cable from a4 cv into dfam adv/clock and nothing? Obiously I’m doing something wrong as the dfam works fine.

Can someone help out and give me advice as to how to get it to work?

I’d ideally like the dfam sequencer to step each step the a4 takes if I can achieve this I will be stoked.

If there is any way to control the pitch via cv also that would be incredibly valuable to me.

Thanks guys.

On the a4 cv track you need to place trigs and every step you want to advance.

On the dfam the red button needs to be on (forgot what it’s called and away from home).

This is my simple set up.

1 Like

This short tutorial should help you set things up.

4 Likes

Thank you kindly for the link. I found out that using the ot as sync master to a4 would make the cv out unreliable and unsteady. Suffice to say the a4 is now the master in my setup.
I also purchased a second dfam today and I’m struggling to work out how to use the elektron sequencer in a4 to trigger the second dfam? I can have them both triggered at the same time however I desire them to be separated so they are triggered not necessarily together? I think I have to sacrifice an audio track to do this which is fine but I’m at a loss how to do it?

AFAIK any of the tracks can send pitch and gate CV out (don’t remember off-hand how to set that up). You’d have to sacrifice one track though…

EDIT: Just looked it up… check the SRC setting on the CV track for CV A, B, C, D… it determines where pitch and gate comes from (Page 97 in the manual). Have fun! :slight_smile:
And remember that you can use the FX track as well.

Great thanks, also thanks for the reference to the correct page In the manual.

Im going to try set it all up today sometime.

Hi all.

So I’ve been inundated with responsibilities and had zero time until now to return to the studio. I’ve spent some time trying to figure out how to have the dfams with differing cv commands and no luck. I checked page 97 and I’ve realised I’ve made a massive error. I am using a mk 2 analog four. Stupid me. I’m sorry.
I’ve got 4 cables in cv a,b,c,& d
C&d mimmic a&b which are sending (a)trig and (b)pitch cvs I have no idea how to use one of the tracks to control c&d?
Can anyone help out or share a video as to how to set this up?

Thanks guys and I’m genuinely sorry for not clarifying the mk 2 factor.