Reaktor Blocks Patches

Spent some time with Reaktor Blocks the last week. I really love this software. I’m not an experienced “modularist” but I tried to get some partly random/generative stuff going.
As Blocks were mentioned in this forum quite frequently, maybe these demos are of some interest for some of you. Cheers.

15 Likes

These are great! Thanks for sharing. Gives me a good idea of what to expect with Blocks. Lush sound.

1 Like

Thanks! I think the sound of blocks is really great and they are fun to use. Maybe Softube Modular comes even closer to real modular, but it’s more expensive, the cool intellijel modules all cost extra. With Reaktor you can get hundreds of great blocks for free via the user library.
And also all the rest of the Reaktor stuff, which is crazy value for the money.

These are really nice… You did a great job. Blocks are still on my list to explore but still working on my electron knowledge at present.

Did you share these patches on the NI community site or do you plan to share? i would love to see them live and have a little play with them

Thanks

I have a feeling the user library is going to be responsible for me not getting anything else done for months. :grin:

I know NI seems to have good sales every year, which would make it an even better deal. I’m guessing I missed something around Black Friday. Dern.

I have yet to get reaktor 6 out of laziness and been spending more of my time in kontakt 6. I did get that evoucher so I guess I will upgrade from 5 to reaktor 6. The best way to appreciate user libraries is to hit a wall with the default NI modules first then try to find an expansion to fill that 'need"

Yeah the user lib is crazy. I try not to download too much at once, and learn how to use some stuff :slight_smile: Slightly overwhelming.

Thanks! Not thought about it yet, but yes I can share them. At least with you. Could be that some of those sounds will make their way into new tracks of mine.

Awesome use of an awesome tool :clap:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Awesome tool indeed. Already changed a lot of my approach to sequencing and modulation

Sounds really nice! Gives me an idea of what can be done. Been looking into reaktor for quite some time now but haven’t gotten into it still.

1 Like

saw your question just minutes ago… interesting. so you are sending clocks from the euro clock divider to the dt right?

nice. Have to try that with the octatrack.
Although you can set the time signature for each track on the ot anyway :slight_smile:

I’m a pretty big fan of blocks myself. I kind of took a break from hardware based modular synthesis and dove into reaktor. After a about a year of leveling I was able to step back into euro with more controllable and expected results. I experimented with using just block, blocks + dc coupled interface + euro, octatrack controlling blocks, blocks + es3 + euro and finally octatrack controlling cvocd + blocks + es3 + euro…it can get kind of crazy.

Even though I’m mostly using hardware again, blocks is still useful to me for testing ideas or patches before purchasing modules and also just to jot down ideas.

the faderfox pc44 that I’m selling goes real well with blocks :wink: (total shameless plug)

2 Likes

yes es-3 was the way to go with euro. I found out that the dc coupled interface I was using (MOTU 828 mk3, and MOTU 2408 MK2) does not output the full voltage range. you get 2.5v vs 5v, so that became an issue. es-3 will give you the full range needed.

2 Likes

Nice idea to include the Elektrons.
I’m still testing Blocks + Euro, Silent way + Euro and Ipad (Audulus) + Euro.
Works all great. Silent way is super cool within Ableton, also with Numerology. I spend not much time with Audulus, but it’s a nice option just to plug your ipad into the ES8. Feels more handy without the laptop :slight_smile: Exciting times, with these hybrid setups.

1 Like

Where’s the download link?

Hey Guys, I’ve just tested the last upgrade of blocks, and it’s awesome… I just make some simple sounds… but the interface and workflow withe blocks prime it’s better than early blocks.

Just one simple test sequencing and controlling blocks with novation circuit:

Dang…ive updated but not looked at.
I like the patch cables.

I guess no need to split the view to patch like before?

[i love blocks!]

checked it out…so…
looks like older patches dont update to the new patching system. AND a lot of blocks are not updated as such. all the user built stuff won’t open in the “rack” version of blocks.

gotta find the update changes doc…