Rave-Based Patch Bank

EDIT: Released. Snag it at the link right up there above this sentence or just listen to the demos if you want ideas of stuff to try on your own. Peace.

24 Likes

Sweet !

1 Like

Count me in.
I’d definetely buy this.

I’m excited for this, have been following your DnB tracks on Digitone for a long time :slight_smile:

If all goes well, and it usually doesn’t, hopefully it’ll be packaged up for christmas just in time for new and old digitone folks to have some new sound toys. I’ll probably be selling it through band camp, but i’ll hopefully have time to make some goodies for it. It’s taking a little while programming parts of patches that I normally do by hand on tracks so they’re easier to get good results from without trying for people who aren’t me: i.e. velocity and mod wheel features etc. Not all lend themselves to this, but the drums definitely do, so finding that sweet spot for some of them that come off like I want takes a little bit of effort, especially with how the mod programming is so separate from the actual synth menus where things are actually tested out first and also need edits to make those other things work properly. Minor feature request: shortcut button combo to modulation edits would be nice…jeezus…every time I do a patch, it reminds me why I just parameter lock all the changes rather than bother with programming them in via mod edits.

5 Likes

Great to hear :slight_smile:

Either Bandcamp or Gumroad work well for this, with little hassle.

2 Likes

So cool ! I will buy it for sure, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thx for your work :relaxed:

1 Like

Will drop it thursday or friday. currently working on documentation. finished the final demo track. will come with all of the ‘mystery project’ demo songs in wav format as well for ideas, etc. only the public facing demo PA will be included in the project file, which will debut with the sound pack.

Thanks for the interest. I hope it doesn’t disappoint…sometimes a great illusion becomes a cheap trick once you know the secret, but at the same time, my interest is more about sharing ideas. and hoping i influence someone down the line that can school me on something i never thought about. you know, always pushing the envelope. i can’t do it alone.

6 Likes

Released.

If anyone makes video reviews/etc. please share! :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Damn, this is making me wish I still had my digitone! Some of the best drums I’ve heard out of the digitone!!

2 Likes

Agreed! Will purchase this asap! Excellent work @hseiken-HSI!

2 Likes

Bought! Looking forward to diving into these over the holidays.

Btw @hseiken-HSI: May I suggest you move the release announcement to the opening post? That way people will see it right away and won’t end up just clicking the Soundcloud link that doesn’t work anymore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing, I just bought it and listened to the demo files, I’m so impatient to test that on my digitone. Thx again, great² work !!

3 Likes

Just bought this too and I’m really impressed. Please let us know if you do any more packs in the future – I’ll definitely pick them up!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, done.

1 Like

I can’t believe how good the demos sound!!! You’re squeezing some serious juice out of the Digitone…

3 Likes

Hey @hseiken-HSI
The download link in the PDF isn’t working for me.

Copy the entire link (not just the blue part and delete any spaces), the stupid PDF thingy I used didn’t pick up the auto line break it made to properly make the link. If you got issues copying it and pasting it in your address bar, message me and I’ll just send you a link. Sorry about that. Blame Bandcamp for not letting me include the actual file in the download extras.

Got it, Thanks!

The demo sounds great, looking forward to checking these out!

Maybe we can petition Bandcamp to stop being stupid with file extension exclusions. They allow tracker mod files, but only certain kinds. They allow PDFs, but not text files? I mean…I don’t get it. If they’re worried, they can disallow specifically executables and archives (lzh, rar, zip, 7z, etc.) and everyone’s good.

Oh well. Hope you find the pack useful and thanks for the support. :slight_smile: