Rattle inside of the Analog Heat

Hi,

I just bought my Analog Heat and when I unboxed for the first time noticed it has a slight rattle / spring like sound like something is loose. I have never owned a hardware distortion unit before is this normal?

I have plugged it in and everything seems to work perfectly.

Anyone else have this noise? is it normal?

Cheers

Doug

Open it !
And take pictures…
:tongue:

Nothing should be rattling around - it’s all solid state - there are no springs in it or anything like a spring reverb would have. See if you can look underneath and see what it is/get it to come out one of the vents.

I’d contact Elektron Support immediately before doing anything that might void your warranty (like opening it up).

3 Likes

hmm, I’m also hearing a spring-like rattle inside my AH.

Did elektron reply anything regarding this?

Every button has a spring and a steel ball in it. That is most likley what you are hearing. All my units at my desk in the office rattles a bit.

No need to worrie :content:

7 Likes

Hi,

I think my first unit was actually damaged internally or something was lose. I got a replacement and it does make some noise (springs / rattles) it’s no where near as bad. I think like the comment above says is it is a normal noise to make given the parts.

Elektron we’re really helpful and everything was sorted out quite quickly. Just keep and eye/ear on it, but I would imagine everything will be fine.

Cheers

Doug

2 Likes