Radiohead - The National Anthem from 2 Elektronauts (with a little help from the A4)

When I posted my Radiohead cover a month ago, I started a very nice discussion with @mr_bernard that turned out into a new cover project: The National Anthem!

@mr_bernard did all the hard work so a huge thanks to him!

I did use the Analog Four but I mostly share it here because this would not have been possible without the Elektronauts forum!
Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we enjoyed covering it!

13 Likes

Very cool

1 Like

That’s really good… both did a great job and it is always great to hear sax in these contexts. Bonus for me is that I can’t really listen to Radiohead because wee Tam’s voice grates on me so this was the business.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I have a few friends who can’t stand his way of singing too so I guess you’re not alone! Glad if you could listen to this version then!

1 Like

Thank you!

You might enjoy Radiodread. Easy Star All-stars complete album reggae cover of OK Computer.

and cheers to the OP on a great cover!

2 Likes

This was super fun! Thanks again for inviting me along!

2 Likes

It was an honor to collaborate with you on this song!
It’s one of my favorite cover now!

1 Like

I wanted to play the bass, loop the bass with the OT and then play the synth parts(one video instead of two so it would have helped me editing the video with at least 4fps instead of 1fps haha) but the OT mkI arrived just a few days later. I think I wanna try Give up the ghost with the OT as the looper, that should be fun!

1 Like

Nice!

I used to play and sing all Radiohead songs from The Bends to In Rainbows with my guitar, bass and looper ^^ My favorite band from 97 to '07! I still remember listening to this track for the first time, in my fav record store!!

You guys really did a great job, amazing cover, I wouldn’t have done it better for sure!

Oh! And you actually did a lot of them! Gonna have a listen…

1 Like

Amazing cover! Nice job.
I love Radiohead, heard them playing live many times.

1 Like

looking forward to it.
I can play many songs of them on piano and guitar, but my voice is too low for thom yorke songs :slight_smile: And not as nice as yours

1 Like

Thank you!

You played all their songs with a looper? That’s classy man!
You need to be very skilled to do this, it’s very hard… so hats off!

I would say a few haha.

I record/mix & edit the videos (never done that before) all by myself (except the National Anthem obviously) so it’s rather simplistic but hope you’ll like some of them.

Thank you!

I’ve seen them just once (and Atoms for Peace too).
It’s so hard to grab tickets…

Thank you!

I don’t know how to play the piano (pads and little melodies are OK but that’s it haha).
Perhaps we could do a collaboration with you on the piano!

I guess this might be the start of a Elektroheadonauts club haha.

1 Like

I‘m not a trained pianist but I taught myself quite a few songs.
Pyramid song, sail to the moon, everything in its right place, daily mail or daydreaming to name a few :slightly_smiling_face:

But I‘m sure many guys here can play the piano better than me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I love all these songs!
I was wondering how I could do Sail to the moon… I really love that one.
Perhaps if I try to play the piano part for one year, I’ll get there haha…

I love all their sloooooow songs. in album order: street spirit -> exit music -> how to disappear completely ->like spinning plates live -> sail to the moon -> nude ->go slowly ->give up the ghost|daily mail (I can’t make up my mind yet haha) -> daydreaming!

Anyway if you’re up for something DM me!
Having fun is the goal though so no pressure haha!
I’ll enjoy your MC-101 sessions in the mean time!

I know the jonny greenwood guitar parts for it too.

nice thanks :slightly_smiling_face:
sure we could give it a try.
Have to find some time though :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Now I am in machines, parts, scenes, slices OT joy. It should keep me busy for a while haha so whenever you feel like it!

1 Like